2022 Premier Junior Hurling

Huge opportunity for Ballygiblin to keep the form going. Maybe a few additions to the panel from Mitchelstown?!

Kilbrittain will likely fancy their chances and rightly so.

Not much between all teams other than Barryroe and Dripsey who have been circling the drain for a few years now. Barryroe do have a youngish crop coming through which might help them establish through the next cycle of a team.

Russell Rovers will be dependent on getting their attack back from cruciate injuries - completely blew up when Josh Beausang went off in delayed 2020 final v Castlemartyr with burst up knee and then losing their captain with another cruciate at training a few days later.

St Catherines will be in the long grass and confident of taking anyone else on.

It's Ballygiblin for me though...
Was there many ballygiblin players opted out of hurling and only played football last year?

They must have been kicking themselves and what they missed

Momentum is worth a lot as we've seen in these grades so they certainly will be in the running

Killbrittan heavy favourites in my eyes .

Below them you have several teams who will fancy their chances . Ballygarvan and Tracton were beaten in the semis last year . I wouldn’t know much about either club , would they expect to push on this year ?

Russell rovers are going to be extremely hungry this year considering how last year went for them and I’d seriously rate them . Ballygibblin will be decent also so I’d have them right up there too .

What do people think of the Glen /st Catherine’s and Milford ?

I would think Ballygarvan will be strong contenders in 2022, they ran Lisgoold close in the semi last year and they been playing at high grades underage.
Group B will be a tough one to call, Ballygarvan and Ballygiblin to come out of it but Argideen will be hard beat too.
Any two of the four could come out of Group C, could come down to scoring difference, the Glen will fancy winning a game or two here, Tracton beat an injury hit Russell Rovers last year and lost a close game to Catherines the year before. Catherines and Russell Rovers would be disappointed with last years results so they'll be better this year.
Kilbrittain and Barryroe in Group A? Barryroe lost all 3 games last year but they were all tight, their scoring difference was only -8 or something like that.

I would think Ballygarvan will be strong contenders in 2022, they ran Lisgoold close in the semi last year and they been playing at high grades underage.
Group B will be a tough one to call, Ballygarvan and Ballygiblin to come out of it but Argideen will be hard beat too.
Any two of the four could come out of Group C, could come down to scoring difference, the Glen will fancy winning a game or two here, Tracton beat an injury hit Russell Rovers last year and lost a close game to Catherines the year before. Catherines and Russell Rovers would be disappointed with last years results so they'll be better this year.
Kilbrittain and Barryroe in Group A? Barryroe lost all 3 games last year but they were all tight, their scoring difference was only -8 or something like that.
I’d be shocked if barryroe came out of that group over Milford . I saw both sides play last year and feel they are at different levels completely but hurling is probably the most unpredictable game around so I could well be made look a fool haha

The Barrs could be dark horses here, serious supply of under age talent coming through - whether they make it to 1st team or not, there should plenty numbers out in the Barrs to do well I think

I see some big names have hopped on the Ballygiblin bandwagon from the Mitchelstown footballers. Cathail O'Mahony who was man of the match in the avondhu hurling final a few years ago, Shane Beston at full forward and Lorcan Finn on the subs. Missing a few big names. If everyone played both codes out there they'd have been intermediate a few years ago. Very strong team even without Darragh Flynn, Colin English and Brick Walsh.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Little Known & Mossy & Pebbledash

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼