The English Market appreciation thread

Jaysus lads the price in some places in the market has gone through the roof, but the sushi place takes the biscuit.

I'd generally go there once or twice a week and treat myself to a Poke bowl the odd Friday, but I was there today and sweet mother of God the prices.

They've put one sushi roll up to €4.80, and a small poke bowl is now €12.20 and over €15 for a large one.

I love the stuff and I can afford it, but I refuse to pay those prices. If I'm paying €15 for my lunch I'd want to be getting a table, a drink, and use of their WiFi.

I understand that costs have gone up for businesses and I don't begrudge any business that has to pass that on to the consumer to survive, but it was just an example for me of how non-essentials have become even less essential in the current inflationary environment.

Has Tim O'Sullivan meats ceased trading?

The last few months they seem to have had very little produce for sale, and I noticed today that the lights were off and there was nobody home. They could be on holidays of course, but unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if the market has lost another trader.

Has Tim O'Sullivan meats ceased trading?

The last few months they seem to have had very little produce for sale, and I noticed today that the lights were off and there was nobody home. They could be on holidays of course, but unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if the market has lost another trader.
Haven’t been there in a few years but they always ran a good ship back in my market days. Guess on holiday.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼