The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

It wasn't even a great steak. I asked for medium rare but it was almost medium well, and the pepper sauce was very watery.

I wasn't paying though so didn't give a fuck. For dessert I had one scoop of honeycomb ice cream (€4) and a Laphroaig scotch (€9.80).

The service was excellent and its very relaxed, but for that kind of coin I'd just go to the Shelbourne for the history and the experience.

How bad.

I focking hate chips in bowls/mini fryer/cups/minibuckets.

Just put them on the plate.

Think the ribeye in the Farmgate in Midleton is the nicest steak I've had in an Irish restaurant.

It wasn't even a great steak. I asked for medium rare but it was almost medium well, and the pepper sauce was very watery.

I wasn't paying though so didn't give a fuck. For dessert I had one scoop of honeycomb ice cream (€4) and a Laphroaig scotch (€9.80).

The service was excellent and its very relaxed, but for that kind of coin I'd just go to the Shelbourne for the history and the experience.
WTF are you still doing up in that shithole?

WTF are you still doing up in that shithole?
I had a work event this evening, all paid for so grand. I'd like to clarify that I'm not actually staying in the Merrion. Once my dinner was finished I shuffled back to my shite Talbot Hotel on the side of the N11.

It's full of yanks and idiots who went to Westlife. I think you have to wear a flowery dress and white runners if you're going to a Westlife concert.

I had a work event this evening, all paid for so grand. I'd like to clarify that I'm not actually staying in the Merrion. Once my dinner was finished I shuffled back to my shite Talbot Hotel on the side of the N11.

It's full of yanks and idiots who went to Westlife. I think you have to wear a flowery dress and white runners if you're going to a Westlife concert.

What kind of monster goes to a Westlife concert?

These people should be sterilised to prevent them polluting the gene pool with their idiocy.

Was in a place called the Engine House in Bunmahon in Waterford last week. Very casual beach bar kind of vibe, excellent food and great service. There was a big gang of us and there was not a complaint from anyone.

Also had a formal dinner in the Old Bank in Dungarvan. Beautiful location, but I thought the food was only ok. Sometimes fine dining suffers a little when you have a big group so maybe it would be better for a smaller group.

Was in a place called the Engine House in Bunmahon in Waterford last week. Very casual beach bar kind of vibe, excellent food and great service. There was a big gang of us and there was not a complaint from anyone.

Also had a formal dinner in the Old Bank in Dungarvan. Beautiful location, but I thought the food was only ok. Sometimes fine dining suffers a little when you have a big group so maybe it would be better for a smaller group.
Was up there myself recently.
Really enjoyed 360 grillhouse and the Moorings but had a truly shocking Sunday lunch in the Tannery. How they still have a star is beyond me.
Besides that Dungarvan is one of the nicest towns I've ever been in in Ireland.

Was up there myself recently.
Really enjoyed 360 grillhouse and the Moorings but had a truly shocking Sunday lunch in the Tannery. How they still have a star is beyond me.
Besides that Dungarvan is one of the nicest towns I've ever been in in Ireland.
The tannery seems to have entirely lost itself in recent years. They are just trading in reputation at this stage.

Dungarvan is class alright. This was our 6th year in a row heading that direction for holidays, and we will be returning next year without a doubt.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Hot Blooded Animals

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼