Cork city has gone to the dogs.

That's VQ, but two of ye had posted VC so I had presumed it was something new.

This was in the news about 4 months ago!

Historic Cork City streets to retire 'Victorian Quarter' tag​

New ‘director of operations’ will promote the area’s daytime and night-time economy, as well as its cultural, arts and education offering
Historic Cork City streets to retire 'Victorian Quarter' tag'Victorian Quarter' tag

Several businesses in the VQ, the former Victorian Quarter centred on MacCurtain St, have pooled resources to fund a new role to promote the area as a day and night-time destination. Picture: Gerard McCarthy
FRI, 04 MAR, 2022 - 12:59
Eoin English

A historic Cork city area is retiring its ‘Victorian’ tag and recruiting a director of operations as part of a major rebranding and promotion drive.
Several businesses in the VQ, the former Victorian Quarter centred on MacCurtain St, have pooled resources to fund a new role to promote the area as a day and night-time destination.
“This is not just about driving business in the area. It’s about much more than that. It’s about the wellbeing of those in the area, it’s about the environment and it’s about community,” VQ spokesman Derek Shears said.
Brian Murray, the head chef and owner of the Glass Curtain restaurant in the Old Thompson’s Bakery, said it was being done thanks to the unity of businesses in the area.
the VQ

@The_VQ_Cork
6m
Great news for Camden Quay. From dereliction through development to destination heritage restoration. Looking forward to welcoming

@MoxyHotels to @The_VQ_Cork

@Treb_Cork
· 3h
Great to see one of the more anticipated developments in recent times break ground on Camden Quay. After years of dereliction, this fine Venetian-style late 19th century building will be incorporated into a new Moxy Hotel, with a planned opening of autumn 2023

You are deflecting. Let's make sure you understand people can see that before we dissect my other comments.

I didn't "object" to your comment about me being critical towards judges. As you can see I responded to your comment above.

I don't like Liam Heylin for what he does. He sits in courtrooms with his notebook and decides from the huge number of cases whose names he will put up in lights in the next Echo. Destroying young people's lives putting their names and addresses in print for minor convictions. If he spots Mahon or Togher in the address he's like a fly to shit.
You mean you don't like him for doing his job?

There is a constitutional imperative that courtcases be reported on

You mean you don't like him for doing his job?

There is a constitutional imperative that courtcases be reported on

I've no problem with that, but what I do have a problem with is Heylin plastering some youngfella's name and address all over the echo for all neighbours/friends/future employers to see and it might be a thing of nothing. I'm speaking of very minor offenses here.

I've no problem with that, but what I do have a problem with is Heylin plastering some youngfella's name and address all over the echo for all neighbours/friends/future employers to see and it might be a thing of nothing. I'm speaking of very minor offenses here.
Minor to you but devastating and life changing to the victims who may be vulnerable or elderly etc.

Abide by the law and you will not have to worry about anything or else be fully prepared to pay the price for your chosen actions and no blaming of the media, judges or the Guards will not absolve you of your own personal responsibility as a member of civilised society.

So you have no problem with courtcases being reported on, but you have a problem with him reporting on courtcases?

Clear as mud...

The only deterrence left seems to be reporting on and posting the names and addresses of offenders.
Most employers do an internet search on potential employees. Hopefully the risk of never getting a reasonable job will deter criminals.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼