Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Shows in the performance of the players. Bunch of primary donnas who wilt at the first sign of serious intensity. Unfortunately, all Ireland medals are not given out for quality of playing surfaces! We’ll be looking at games in an empty stadium for the next generation..
Oh f8ck off, you made a bullshit comment about grounds around the county being neglected and got called on it.

Don’t know why my post was misconstrued about grounds development. My call was on players quality. 18 years without a hurling all Ireland. Our football team is aiming for Tailteann Cup. Astro turf is not going to fix this, whether it’s in Castletownroche or Ballydehob! GAA in Cork is in crisis!

Don’t know why my post was misconstrued about grounds development. My call was on players quality. 18 years without a hurling all Ireland. Our football team is aiming for Tailteann Cup. Astro turf is not going to fix this, whether it’s in Castletownroche or Ballydehob! GAA in Cork is in crisis!
It's not all about senior inter county

Gaa is flying at club level , playing numbers are higher than ever

It's not all about senior inter county

Gaa is flying at club level , playing numbers are higher than ever
Yeah yeah. We have the most clubs in the country too, and a huge playing population. We have precipitously fallen from heights in the 1970’s, 1980’s to our present status! Why? Maybe too much emphasis on grounds development and not enough on players coaching and competition!

Yeah yeah. We have the most clubs in the country too, and a huge playing population. We have precipitously fallen from heights in the 1970’s, 1980’s to our present status! Why? Maybe too much emphasis on grounds development and not enough on players coaching and competition!
Maybe.
I'd love to see cork win an all Ireland but a bigger priority is that my club have decent facilities for the players and juveniles in the club

Mediocrity! That’s what we’ve settled for. Playing fancy hurling amongst ourselves at the club level, and then wilting on the national stage. We’re destined for underperformance for many years. Our new showpiece stadium will be a nationwide joke!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼