Who is going on holiday??

Staying anywhere in Ireland is a joke.

Robbing bastards.
They're cunts.

For two years the domestic market kept Irish hotels alive, and now that the Yanks are back we've been fucked onto the scrapheap.

I can't bring myself to pay €200 for a hotel now that I was getting for €80 during Covid. Tbh I'd never ever pay over €150 a night unless it was a special occasion. Better off staying at home and going out for a nice meal for half the price.

They're cunts.

For two years the domestic market kept Irish hotels alive, and now that the Yanks are back we've been fucked onto the scrapheap.

I can't bring myself to pay €200 for a hotel now that I was getting for €80 during Covid. Tbh I'd never ever pay over €150 a night unless it was a special occasion. Better off staying at home and going out for a nice meal for half the price.

Going to a gig or a match and staying overnight, throw in a dinner and youre spending 7 or 8 hundred quid in Ireland.

Domestic tourism deserves very little support at the prices they charge.

Going to a gig or a match and staying overnight, throw in a dinner and youre spending 7 or 8 hundred quid in Ireland.

Domestic tourism deserves very little support at the prices they charge.

As you know I'm fond of going abroad for gigs. I generally do this for a fraction of what I'd pay to go Dublin for a show, and I stay in decent hotels and eat well. Last trip I stayed in the Westin and paid around €80 a night. You'd be looking at a good few hundred more to stay in the Westin in Dublin.

As you know I'm fond of going abroad for gigs. I generally do this for a fraction of what I'd pay to go Dublin for a show, and I stay in decent hotels and eat well. Last trip I stayed in the Westin and paid around €80 a night. You'd be looking at a good few hundred more to stay in the Westin in Dublin.

Yeah I've three overnight trips to Dublin between now and September and another in Kenmare for a wedding.

I shudder to think how much I'll end up forking out.

Certainly the price of a decent holiday in France or Italy.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Libertines
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

22nd Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼