The Hurling Thread

What drives this dislike?
They have a breed now who think they are better then what they actually are, kk now are a decent team like most other teams but they do have resilience which up until today hasn’t been good enough for the last 5/6 years. The great team he has could never be replaced but he has done a decent job even though an all Ireland is beyond them imo.
It also took him a few years to realise that lashing every ball as far as possible wasn’t going to work with his current forwards

Clare put no pressure on the Kilkenny short puck out and their marking from the resulting play was non existent.

The game was over at halftime.

A tactical shitshow, stage fright whatever you want to call it, that was a glorified training game for Kilkenny.

Bar some colossal upset tomorrow it's Limerick's 3 in a row.

I met Cody at an adult education launch years ago. He was the guest speaker and came around chatting to all the stands. Fairly quiet guy but was genuinely interested in everyone there. He’s a brilliant manager and the I wish we have someone with his ruthlessness for Cork. We’ve been pandering to the players for years. The managers job is to manage the players and he/she’s not their friend. They should be stone cold brutal in their decisions which Cody is. No room for sentiment in his game.

Point I’m making is we were talked up a lot ourselves even though we had a glaring weakness, and for those who say we weren’t ye clearly have short memories. The nonsense being spouted as we approached the end of the league is similar to the talk about Clare. At least they did it in championship.

Clare were awful today, but they were missing Conlon. People here saying Clare are dog shite and have been found out need to bring it down an octave. They beat us, Wexford and Waterford this year. Then had 2 great games with Limerick. They can be much prouder of their season than every other team who is out of championship so far.
They failed miserably today when it really mattered.
I don't recall anyone talking Cork up this season or putting them up there as the only challenge to Limerick.
So far this season that honour has fallen to Waterford, then Clare.
In both instances it was based on them "facing" up to Limerick, not actually beating them, as well as having purple patches against other teams who were themselves struggling for form.

Kills me to say it, well done Kilkenny (KK). Special mention to TJ Reid, he's 34 and led KK brilliantly today scoring and assisting. What a free taker, amazing in the air and bringing other forwards into play with clever passes.

The risk for KK is stop TJ and you go a long way to stopping KK.

If limerick beat Galway, I cannot see TJ dominating in the air against the Limerick half back line. If he starts to dominate, kyle hayes is a serious option for Lim to use on TJ IMO.

For the life on me, I cannot understand why Clare are happy to tap over points in the 2nd half when 10 + points down and needed goals. Mentally Clare were all at sea today. Sad to see Tony Kelly play so poorly after an amazing year.

Clare were lucky in 2013 and have repeatedly failed with the same players over the last 9 years. Cork were pummelled on here for the Galway performance.

They failed miserably, but we all have the benefit of hindsight now. They were full value for the praise they got until today. We will have to agree to disagree.
I called it for Kilkenny and was 100% confident KK would beat them.
In no way did I think that Clare deserved the favourites tag.

There's a difference between measured appreciation of the energy, skill and fight that they brought to their first few games in Munster and the completely over the top promotion of them to "next best, only challengers to Limerick" position.

Their weaknesses were completely overlooked in the deluge of fanboy praise.
Those weaknesses came to roost today.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼