The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

I guess it all depends on who is doing the comparing..........

Remember when we told Scouse Marco that it was nuts giving Auba a new megabucks deal when he was the wrong side of 30?

Its not like Im showing consistency in saying a big money , 3 year deal for a player Salahs age is a big risk.

No one saw Aubas numbers falling off a cliff either. It happens.

Remember when we told Scouse Marco that it was nuts giving Auba a new megabucks deal when he was the wrong side of 30?

Its not like Im showing consistency in saying a big money , 3 year deal for a player Salahs age is a big risk.

No one saw Aubas numbers falling off a cliff either. It happens.
I can see the risk of it alright. And those pointing at Ronaldo are missing the point that hes just a freak of nature.

I think Auba and Benzema are the more comparable tbh. I'm not sure which way Salah will go tbh, but the problem for Liverpool now is his wages will set the benchmark. He's their best player so no, a fella can't walk in and demand parity, but they could certinaly look to be closer to him.

If he doesn't deliver, it could all unravel fairly sharpish.

Are you trying to say I didnt know what money CR7 is on or that Salah will be getting similar numbers at 37?

#SSB
No, you complete and utter moron.
I'm saying that a few months ago when you thought Salah would leave , you said it was stupid by Liverpool letting the situation develop.
Now it's stupid to have extended his contract as he is 30.
All the while, fawning over a 37 year old, who isn't as good as him, on 500k a week.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

29th Apr 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Aidan Killian - Comedian

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼