Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That last bit is pretty optimistic imo. Since we played Clare they have twice produced performances against Limerick that were a good bit better than anything Cork managed this season, and against far better opposition than anyone Cork played in the same period. Cork might have caught them on off-day had they met again, but on actual form Clare would have been clear favourites.
I don't think it is as clear as that.
We beat them in 2021 and we were much better than them even though the score suggested differently.
We were probably worse against Clare this year than we were against Waterford and yet we got far closer to them than we deserved.

I think the point that many seem to be making( including Liam Sheehy) is that the talent is in the group to do something serious.
It seems that a lot of people believe that managed in a different way we may see a different Cork team.
I think it is also probably fair to say that we have more good young hurlers starting to come through than any other county.

I don't think we are appointing him at all and in my opinion I don't think the offer has been made.
Not even the CCB would go into a dressing room after losing a QF and offer an extension then and there.

That's why I found it so bizarre. Nearly as bizzare as it being reported that it had happened when in fact it didn't.

The only thing that the did they/didn't they appoint KK for yet another year actually does is delay the appointment of his actual replacement - if he's actually being replaced.

And to be honest the sooner the preparation for Senior Hurling for 2023 begins for Cork the better

I don't think it is as clear as that.
We beat them in 2021 and we were much better than them even though the score suggested differently.
We were probably worse against Clare this year than we were against Waterford and yet we got far closer to them than we deserved.

I think the point that many seem to be making( including Liam Sheehy) is that the talent is in the group to do something serious.
It seems that a lot of people believe that managed in a different way we may see a different Cork team.
I think it is also probably fair to say that we have more good young hurlers starting to come through than any other county.
I think it's an exaggeration to say that Cork were 'much' better than Clare last year. They shaded it overall, I wouldn't put it much more strongly than that, and that was a Clare team without Duggan or O'Donnell. In their match this year Clare were far superior.

I don't think we are appointing him at all and in my opinion I don't think the offer has been made.
Not even the CCB would go into a dressing room
after losing a QF and offer an extension then and there.
No one said that or reported it.
"Kingston was offered the extension by Cork County Board officials in Semple Stadium "
Sound_y is the only one that is saying they actually went into the dressing room.
He has been offered an extension, that is definite.

Last edited:
I hear there is a group recently formed who will honour deceased dedicated cork gaa fans, the group
will launch the project in the Barrs club friday july 8th,

We are not an attractive prospect for any outsider or young manager. No aspiring manager would take this team as a long term project. Very much a second rate side in most respects.
I think the truth is exactly the opposite.

Any manager would love to get their hands on this group.

The reluctance to use someone from outside the county and to pay them is what will exclude so many.

I think the truth is exactly the opposite.

Any manager would love to get their hands on this group.

The reluctance to use someone from outside the county and to pay them is what will exclude so many.
I'd agree. Between people like Sheedy who would love to add to their CV, and younger, ambitious lads who know what it takes, there's no shortage of potential managers who'd see Cork as a great opportunity to get fast success.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Souldriven!

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼