The official Cork court report thread.

I know it wasn't a Cork Court but there was a woman in her 80s obviously suffering from Alzheimers was charged with taking 20 Euro worth of building materials and taken to court to stand trial for it.

FFS!

"An 84-year-old widow suffering from dementia collapsed in a west Waterford courtroom while being charged with removing building material from a neighbour's property.

Kathleen Power, of Killerguile, Clonea, had to be helped from Dungarvan District Court, after pleading guilty.

Inspector Stephen Murphy said the defendant had taken "timber and cement blocks", valued at €20, before carrying them "in the direction of her own home" on St Stephen's Day, 2021."

I know it wasn't a Cork Court but there was a woman in her 80s obviously suffering from Alzheimers was charged with taking 20 Euro worth of building materials and taken to court to stand trial for it.

FFS!

"An 84-year-old widow suffering from dementia collapsed in a west Waterford courtroom while being charged with removing building material from a neighbour's property.

Kathleen Power, of Killerguile, Clonea, had to be helped from Dungarvan District Court, after pleading guilty.

Inspector Stephen Murphy said the defendant had taken "timber and cement blocks", valued at €20, before carrying them "in the direction of her own home" on St Stephen's Day, 2021."
She’s obviously got issues surely there’s another way to deal with this

FFS!

Jazus, why pursue this..

She’s obviously got issues surely there’s another way to deal with this

She accepted having taken the materials, he said, and had brought €20 to court to reimburse the injured party.

Sweet Jesus. What is it with people and litigation.

Some fucking cop on is needed. Should never have gone before a court. Glad the Judge recognised that. I despair sometimes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼