Cork Hurlers - Part 2

So there should only be hurling clubs represented on the executive? You know the positions are voted on? By the way our CEO who most likely made the decision is an out and out hurling man and hasn't much interest in football
I think these are two very different points.

100% a strange decision arrived at very quickly.

With regards to what club a fella is from and to how much weight his decision or opinion has is ridiculous.

How do you decide how long one of the "bastions of cork hurling" have been out of the winners circle? Take for example St Finbarrs as i'll assume you consider them as one of the "bastions". A club most would recognise for their history and the great players they've given Cork. No senior hurling title since 1993. Can a club only have a member on the executive if they've been winning recently?

Plenty of clueless people in the big city clubs, plenty of them in the small clubs too. The bigger clubs you could argue have a bigger membership so there's probably more fools in there. Maybe they're right going with Lyre, Ballydesmond and Clon. Less diluted perhaps.

:oops:

I just thought it was a bizarre decision taken and I was trying to fathom what possibly could have been behind it.

Don't know if giving KK yet another year in the immediate wake of another defeat, would have been a decision and action of one person to come to on their own, and if it was then I'd seriously wonder about the capacity of said person.

Having a bigger club membership don't you think they'd have a bigger pool of prospects to pick from and thus make it more likely they'd nominate someone good rather than bad as a rep, and leading to a job on the executive? Certainly think it a bit odd that you'd imagine the bigger the club the more likely they'd be to have a dud on the board.

Having a bigger club membership don't you think they'd have a bigger pool of prospects to pick from and thus make it more likely they'd nominate someone good rather than bad as a rep, and leading to a job on the executive? Certainly think it a bit odd that you'd imagine the bigger the club the more likely they'd be to have a dud on the board.
Cian O Brien from the Glen, nominated for PRO, lost out. Des Cullinane was also on the executive a few years ago.

Ah come on - surely we can accept that Lohan and Shefflin have shown themselves better managers in their intercounty careers to date than KK has shown himself to be?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern : Kevin McGahern

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼