2022 Premier Senior football

That's what happens when
When you see no players from cill na martra, naomh aban and macroom you know interest levels are zero. 3 football only clubs who have plenty players capable of playing at senior level
The muskerry board got the cill na martra game moved from tomorrow to let lads play, and then macroom fixed their league game for tomorrow night, so there was a fuck up somewhere.

Good lord above in heaven. Muskerry not being able to field a team has to be one of the low points of this championship. I don't think many people realise how poorly this reflects on Muskerry and the whole competition. OR how beneficial in so many ways it would be were something resembling a proper Muskerry team to take the field at some stage in the future. I was there to witness them put it up to a strong UCC team last year in a proper game of championship football so this is beyond a shame.

“When I heard we would be playing divisional games in June, five and six weeks out from the beginning of the county championship proper, I thought that would be fine, but even at that, some of the clubs are slow to release players,” Feeney told the Irish Examiner.
"There is this constant battle. A lot of clubs don’t see any benefit in Muskerry teams playing. There is the difficulty.

Released?! I'm sorry now but these fellas are adults. Since when do players need to ask permission to play with the division? Lads need to ask themselves some serious questions if they think a club league game is more important than senior championship.

I see more clubs giving walkovers in county football leagues this week, both duel clubs in Fermoy & Kanturk.
The volume of games in county leagues for duel clubs are having a serious impact on clubs never mind divisions being able to field teams at present. Newcestown had to give a walkover a few weeks back, a break in the leagues would/may need to be considered going forward, would also alleviate some pressure on the players also who perhaps would have liked to play divisional football but decided to decline.

Lads there was two Senior clubs that gave walkovera in the football leagues in the last few weeks the 15/16 league games in a row is a big ask, it needs revisiting
I mentioned this in a previous post. There’s too many games in the league. There’s also not a great break to championship after the league.

Reduce the number of teams, create more divisions, have a holiday break week or two, give teams more time to prep for championship with their own challenge games etc.

Lads there was two Senior clubs that gave walkovera in the football leagues in the last few weeks the 15/16 league games in a row is a big ask, it needs revisiting
Are 9 league games excessive as currently set out in Division 1 & 2 in hurling and football?
Especially if duel status is to be considered for some clubs, with other clubs having teams in lower ranked leagues in other code.

“When I heard we would be playing divisional games in June, five and six weeks out from the beginning of the county championship proper, I thought that would be fine, but even at that, some of the clubs are slow to release players,” Feeney told the Irish Examiner.
"There is this constant battle. A lot of clubs don’t see any benefit in Muskerry teams playing. There is the difficulty.

Released?! I'm sorry now but these fellas are adults. Since when do players need to ask permission to play with the division? Lads need to ask themselves some serious questions if they think a club league game is more important than senior championship.
Maybe the club league game is more important, they could have a chance of reaching the final in the league or try and avoid relegation. Why would you play senior championship 2 days before an important club game. The same division only got management in place around 5 days before the beara game, so you can't just blame the players, the division wasn't prepared for championship unlike others.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼