The Dunscombe fountain

According to that article it was removed in 1935, along way from when the Corpo thought it was removed :)
I'd say KFlynn's 100 bucks are well safe.

It would be cool if there were some fountains in the town. Like the real ones not the drinking station like this from the topic ;)

The only issue in my opinion is weather. Maybe with the global warming it would make more sense as fountains in the rainy places with cold temperatures are not the best ;) Some of the multimedia fountains are cool, the place by Dean could be OK and help in revitalization of MacCurtain street. But we are taking big multimedia proper fountain not some knock off, Chinese made shit or other mass produced ones, bought from some nephew of the Corpo manager :)

It would be cool if there were some fountains in the town. Like the real ones not the drinking station like this from the topic ;)

The only issue in my opinion is weather. Maybe with the global warming it would make more sense as fountains in the rainy places with cold temperatures are not the best ;) Some of the multimedia fountains are cool, the place by Dean could be OK and help in revitalization of MacCurtain street. But we are taking big multimedia proper fountain not some knock off, Chinese made shit or other mass produced ones, bought from some nephew of the Corpo manager :)
Absolutely....

Absolutely....

Here is the example I have seen last summer, apparently this stuff was very popular in cities in PL last few years (but then the summer in there is a proper summer 30c+):

This one is in Lublin, every evening there is a show on history of the city etc. twice a week in English for tourists (which in Ireland would be standard I'd say):

Just check the technology I am talking about. During the shows it is packed, during the day it looks cool, it is a fountain which best part is playing with the water, multiple streams, variant fountains within the fountain, so it is very hard to capture the feel on the photo:

542876_xKAw_na_na_Placu_Litewskim__pokaz_83.jpg.webp

80_81_Album-Szlaki-Lublina-MarcinTarkowski-pl-002-pkb00lg7wo87j0nrcer13kvlviqnq49omwmnb8k7dc.jpg

gf-TcEm-8iem-SxVi_lublin-fontanny-na-placu-litewskim-harmonogram-na-sierpien-2021-664x442.jpg

Krik9kqTURBXy80Yjc0MzlkN2FkOWZjM2QwYzQxNjFjODQyZWM4Y2M5My5qcGVnkpUDAEDNCADNBICTBc0DDM0BaIGhMAU

594a745004f03_o_medium.jpg

img_20210625_235811-2021-06-26-001819-scaled-2021-08-06-165022.jpg

557353e262c3c34a0f83bf73a5f1ffc8.jpg

and during hot summer you are unable to keep kids away from it ;) dermatologists are delighted ;)

5949488ce3256_o_medium.jpg

But this would need some balls to be done, and seeing who is in Corp doing this stuff... well. The best is that there is place, technology, and potentially budget (big companies love to sponsor those) + in Cork there is plenty of creative people who could make this fountain a masterpiece :)

This again is only an example from the holidays, but if you google "multimedia fountain" you will find some prime examples of how it should be done. Cork does not have an actual historic centre (lets be honest ;) ), so there should be no issue with planning and doing it without "loosing the historical character of the surroundings".
So why not? This can bring peeps to Cork who will then leave the monies, imagine Jazz weekend with jazz concert there :)

edit:
here is another example of technology, not that new already. Those shows can be seen kitschy, but who cares money is money and this type of attraction is not opera, it is for masses ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jake Bugg
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Salsa By The Lee In aid of charity

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼