Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Unfortunately, the territory that is being discussed is part of Ireland.
Ireland needs to be unified and independently free to govern in line with democratic self determination principles.

Therefore the concept of an “independent state” consisting of the territory currently occupied by the UK would in my opinion be a destabilising influence on our country.

For more, see Kosovo, or Transnistria.
We need to solve this issue once and for all.
I’d like to see even the notion of a possible “non aligned” state taken off the table.
What makes you think I was advocating for an independent state for the 6 counties?
I was referring to what Naomi Long said about which side they will pick and when, when a BP is called.

I think there is value in the "non-aligned" state for Stormont. I think it is increasingly untenable for Alliance to claim non-aligned status on the constitutional issue without damaging their electoral prospects.

What makes you think I was advocating for an independent state for the 6 counties?
I was referring to what Naomi Long said about which side they will pick and when, when a BP is called.

I think there is value in the "non-aligned" state for Stormont. I think it is increasingly untenable for Alliance to claim non-aligned status on the constitutional issue without damaging their electoral prospects.
Is that not their selling point to potential voters? we are neither orange or green.

Is that not their selling point to potential voters? we are neither orange or green.
Yes it is - that's not the point I was making.
Alliance will continue to grow but they need an operating Stormont to really flourish.
Precisely because they are about getting on with it, to your point.

My point is the constitutional issue is going to be front and centre over the next few years.
As Alliance move into the teens and twenties in percentage terms their position on the constitutional issue will impact transfers and votes e.g. like it did with some unionist voters in the last AE.
In so doing it will impact their ceiling when it comes to electoral success.

Which is always your go to line when you've nothing else.
What else is needed exactly? You want me to explain the difference between people that organise kangaroo courts and a murderer?
Tbh, I didn't want to embarrass you any further.

Eou4O3KWMAEwhzb.jpg

Poor Ocides, don't ever change :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Fin Taylor

Coughlan's, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼