TD Michael McGrath

Was thinking the same jimmy remember hearing over 10 years ago that a certain cork half back and a certain cork goalkeeper were approached by SF to run in the next election.

South of the river a SF tilt at two seats would be tempting but risky, it would take some amount of vote management,
Liadh ni riada will take a seat in cork north west,
Having two candidates in SC is not on by central directive. Eoin J and Eolan R are dissatisfied and one or both could run . Some serious sweetener will have to be made to stop these fellows running.
A horse with a name o roads would win in NW.

An Taoiseach is a thoroughly decent guy.
I might disagree with his leadership of FF and some of his politics but he has been at the coalface of Irish politics for a very long time and his CSC machine is like a well oiled machine when it comes to managing his constituency.

Michael McGrath works his backside off and himself and his brother ensure that their constituents are responded to quickly and efficiently. I knew him in college and he is again a very decent, respectful guy. His focus is on economics and politically while he is very well across his brief, his potential leadership ambition will be hampered by the fact that he doesn't seem to have a grá for any other policy areas.

Simon Coveney is the only FG politician I have ever considered worth a vote. He is articulate, intelligent, engaging and always performs well in public and especially on the BBC. I am not a fan of a lot of his party colleagues but he at least looks outside the FG demographic. I regularly see him engaging with people in Carrigaline while out shopping and a lot of the stick he gets is unfounded.

I've only spoken to Donncha Ó Laoghaire twice. I don't know very much about him other than his work rate is very high. He comes across as an articulate guy who is committed to his constituents and is prepared to put in the hard graft.

In short CSC is served by 4 guys who do the job to the best of their ability and are decent people.

That's not to commend their politics or political decisions - just that at a time when public representation is often attacked and public reps tarred with the same brush, it's a job few take on and the 4 we have do a reasonably good job.
Good summary of all but I would contend that the one thing McGrath is clueless on is finance. Prior to the last crash he was totally parroting (and genuinely believed I’d say) the soft landing scenario.

Good summary of all but I would contend that the one thing McGrath is clueless on is finance. Prior to the last crash he was totally parroting (and genuinely believed I’d say) the soft landing scenario.
Dunno ref finance - seems to be fairly with it these days
Irrespective -FF tied to blueshirts next time round will damage them further
It’ll be SF main party and maybe just maybe they’ll align themselves in some way with SF
FG have destroyed grassroots ff support

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Muireann Bradley
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

3rd Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼