Cork city has gone to the dogs.

I was in town there a while ago, in the space of 2 hours I saw one garda on a bike on the South Mall. I saw people sitting outside cafés being hassled by beggars, overall the vibe in town is good but not for love nor money would I sit outside a café or bar having drink or food.

I was in town there a while ago, in the space of 2 hours I saw one garda on a bike on the South Mall. I saw people sitting outside cafés being hassled by beggars, overall the vibe in town is good but not for love nor money would I sit outside a café or bar having drink or food.
Not a bad report, but not in the same class as ennissys reports from the city centre during covid,

Nowhere can get staff let alone people to man John Grace's at 2 in the morning.

Ps: Do you guys know the Grace family also own Hilbilly's. They're pretty much the Gustavo Frings of Ireland. They have chicken outlets all over the place. I remember going to Pat Grace's famous fried chicken in Dublin in the 1980s.
They are all closed early now was in town a few weeks ago surprised bk mcdonalds etc were all closed,nowhere to get a bite to eat and struggled to get a taxi.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Afro House & Amapiano #18

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼