Live at the Marquee 24

Went to see The National tonight.

Enjoyable gig, they put on a good show. None of their newer material matches the stuff on High Violet though imo. They were still the best songs of the set.

Probably the only thing ill head to the marquee this year tbh

Dan will be along presently to point out that he thinks the National are shite...

Went to see The National tonight.

Enjoyable gig, they put on a good show. None of their newer material matches the stuff on High Violet though imo. They were still the best songs of the set.

Probably the only thing ill head to the marquee this year tbh

Dan will be along presently to point out that he thinks the National are shite...
Yeah. I really enjoyed it too. Great to see such a big crowd. Most of the time I head down to the marquee its the crowd would only go back to the tent poles or so. The place was rammed. The crowd knew the songs. The national did their thing. Happy days

Just found out the young wan who sang the few tunes on stage is Eve Owen. Clive Owen's daughter

I didn't bother with her warm up set but there you are now
She sang on "Rylan" and "I am easy to find" with the National.

Didn't know she was Clive Owen's daughter though.

Edit - for the tour geeks!

Last edited:
She sang on "Rylan" and "I am easy to find" with the National.

Didn't know she was Clive Owen's daughter though.

Edit - for the tour geeks!
I was sure that song was "Rylane" all about beauty and loss in the barony of Duhallow

Did Matt behave himself? will never forget him at Glasto (on TV) - man he was bananas..
The gig in the OP in 2017 was special though.. saw em in The Marquee another year and they wer only ok - the OP would be tough to beat (for me)

Did Matt behave himself? will never forget him at Glasto (on TV) - man he was bananas..
The gig in the OP in 2017 was special though.. saw em in The Marquee another year and they wer only ok - the OP would be tough to beat (for me)
Yeah. All quiet on that front. He's a good front man. Had the crowd on side just by throwing a few shapes.

Was at the opera house gig in 2017 definetly one of the better live experiences I've had in Cork.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Elsewhere - A New Opera by Michael Gallen
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

95b (NC) [Phantoscope]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:15pm

More events ▼