Dublin... Is a fucking shithole

You think that's the thought process of young people who decide to take drugs? Cos I have dealt with lots of them, and I can tell you that in general they never ever think about getting caught. Most of them don't even put that much thought into the fact that it is illegal until or unless they are arrested.

You think that's the thought process of Joe Public? Ah shur it was only a poor (well not so poor as he'd over a grand in cash but you know what I mean) drug user and he's definitely not a drug dealer because, well...., erm...because he wasn't charged as a drug dealer.

Seriously. The fact that you can't see how screwed up that is speaks volumes.

You think that's the thought process of Joe Public? Ah shur it was only a poor (well not so poor as he'd over a grand in cash but you know what I mean) drug user and he's definitely not a drug dealer because, well...., erm...because he wasn't charged as a drug dealer.

Seriously. The fact that you can't see how screwed up that is speaks volumes.
How many drug users or drug dealers have you dealt with Soundy?

Did you read the link you posted?

That woman wasn't jailed for failure to pay her TV licence. Don't be fooled by clickbait headlines.
A single mum was dragged from her home and jailed for not paying her TV licence in what has been branded “a major scandal”.

Two gardai took the woman from the house in Donegal in front of her young son after she had failed to pay the €450 fine.

The mother, who had paid off €212 of the balance, was then taken with the officers by taxi to the Dochas Centre at Dublin’s Mountjoy prison – more than 200km away, at a cost of €300.

She said: “I couldn’t believe it when gardai called to my home and told me I was “for up the road”. I was terrified and that distraught that I didn’t even have time to put my coat on.

“I had never been given any warning letter. I was doing my best and I had almost half the fine paid.

"My 11-year-old son was crying his eyes out to see his mother being taken away in a Garda car. Luckily my daughter is older and could look after him.”

The woman said the jail staff were more than nice but the ordeal left her terrified, adding: “I had never been in a prison in my life before. Some of the women were trying to calm me down.”

She was fined for not having a license and was dragged off to jail for the non payment of a fine for not having a TV license. Had she a TV license she would not have been sent to prison.
Now in your opinion which is the greater crime to society, someone having multiple types of drugs in quantity, as well as wads of cash and drug paraphernalia, or a single mum who didn't get a TV license. Take yer time.

Not a single person has EVER been put in jail for not paying their TV licence.......they have, however, gone to jail for not paying the fine for not having a TV licence. End of story (despite what a lot of bullshit headlines say).
Exactly and that is only right, there needs to be a strong deterrent for not paying your tv licence...................if everyone didn't pay their tv licence how the fuck would I get to watch Ireland v Armenia tomorrow??? It's the highlight of my weekend!!

Exactly and that is only right, there needs to be a strong deterrent for not paying your tv licence...................if everyone didn't pay their tv licence how the fuck would I get to watch Ireland v Armenia tomorrow??? It's the highlight of my weekend!!

I agree with this and looking forward to to the match tomorrow too. I strive to be a good citizen and not a insecure cute hoor and have always paid my tv license fee.

A better model is attaching it to the electricity/utility bill like Italy has done since 2015. It eliminated evasion and brought the per capita cost to about €30. The per capita contribution is much higher is Germany, Denmark etc … around €90 I think.

SF IRA have a real underneath hatred for RTE i think … The section 31 ban was a muzzle on their fanaticism. They’d do a Bojo/BBC on RTE if they had half a chance.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼