The Official Lenient Sentence Thread

So a guy goes into a shop threatens someone with a knife, steals money and gets no punishment.

How much in legal expenses did this case cost I wonder ?

The only thing that happened here was the legal business have as always gained revenue from I assume the tax payer.

Sur who would want to change that ? Most especially those that make the laws and those that benefit mostly from same ?

So a guy goes into a shop threatens someone with a knife, steals money and gets no punishment.

The only thing that happened here was the legal business have as always gained revenue from I assume the tax payer.

Sur who would want to change that ? Most especially those that make the laws and those that benefit mostly from same ?
He has a 3 year suspended sentence hanging over him Meridian..
If he steps out of line again then boooom.

Here's another with the same judge I believe..

Tut tut…of all people, not knowing the correct use of the apostrophe. Wouldn’t usually be so pedantic to point it out but a lawyer should have a basic knowledge of English grammar. And as the PROC’s chief nitpicker, you have to be called out.
Indeed.

Good written grammar is not a part of the job of a lawyer. Not this lawyer anyway.

But thanks for the utterly pointless nitpicking. I hope it made you feel better.

Not a lot. He pleaded guilty at the first opportunity in the DC.

Also, he did get a punishment.

He has a 3 year suspended sentence hanging over him Meridian..
If he steps out of line again then boooom.

Here's another with the same judge I believe..
I think this same fella was on trial for killing a homeless fella on academy st .

Yeah, guards often do if they think that someone has a shot at rehabilitation and is actually engaging with services. Because they know that that is a far better outcome for society in general.

Something that is entirely lost on the "hang em high" brigade here.

As long as it's not the guards (sic) are the victims themselves.
Remember the consternation when a couple of footballers damaged some garda's car in an episode of high-jinks? :rolleyes:

Acquitted of manslaughter by a jury..
Yes, he got off on what appeared to be a technicality in that there was a cctv blind spot. I remember watching either the Euro or World Cup final from a few years back in the Realt Dearg, or whatever it was called then. This guy was in there with two equally scummy characters, all three smoking and yer man loudly roaring at the screen. Staff seemed afraid of them. We went off and watched the second half in Tom Barrys.

Yes, he got off on what appeared to be a technicality in that there was a cctv blind spot. I remember watching either the Euro or World Cup final from a few years back in the Realt Dearg, or whatever it was called then. This guy was in there with two equally scummy characters, all three smoking and yer man loudly roaring at the screen. Staff seemed afraid of them. We went off and watched the second half in Tom Barrys.
It won't end well for him I'd say...
It never does.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Chris Kent and Gearid Farrelly

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼