Is this 'Bitcoin' the real deal?

I would disagree and so would the share price.

Apple and Android had all the momentum at that point.

The other companies had better product pipelines at that stage, and that's something that was not going to be easy to turnaround, and that's what Elop tries to do with the MS tie up.

I had one of those Nokia Windows phones and I thought it was actually pretty good. There was surprisingly little bloatware. I was surprised when they killed off that platform. Last time I checked, the Nokia Maps app still works on the phone but virtually nothing else does :lol:
At the time, the term for a phone in India was a Nokia.
The initial Windows 7 Nokia phones had a nice clean UI, unburdened by functionality or supported apps. By the time Windows Phone 8 came along, the apps problem wasn't as bad in Windows 7 but they broke backwards compatability and a lot of developers threw their hands up and said "nope, fuck this"

I was working for a company that was supplying stuff for Nokia's Symbian phones, when the burning platform memo came out, we just switched our focus wholesale to Android and barely worked with Nokia again.

So has the whole Crypto thing collasped now?

I watch some poker and sports betting podcasts and an awful lot of them seem to be flogging or are sponsored by these crypto companies.

(Never went for it. Buying stuff you don't understand seems nuts to me)

So has the whole Crypto thing collasped now?

I watch some poker and sports betting podcasts and an awful lot of them seem to be flogging or are sponsored by these crypto companies.

(Never went for it. Buying stuff you don't understand seems nuts to me)
It’s dead in a higher rates environment. When the fed kills off too much demand and starts lowering rates the ponzi will return in all its glory. Then we buy, rinse and repeat.

It’s dead in a higher rates environment. When the fed kills off too much demand and starts lowering rates the ponzi will return in all its glory. Then we buy, rinse and repeat.
There certainly is that element about it alright, when Bitcoin tanked last summer to €25k it was back up to €58k by November.

The big risk to buttcorn is tether. Tether is the main stablecoin used to buy buttcorn. It needs to hold a 1:1 peg with the dollar to maintain the ponzi.
It’s never been properly audited and nobody knows what exactly it’s backed by.
We already saw the failure of an algorithmic stablecoin in Luna/Terra whereby they had to sell their entire supply of bitcoin to try and hold up the peg. That sale of .4% of the entire btc supply resulted in a 25% decline in price.

Remember, Trading without a stop loss is like riding without a rubber. One day you’re left holding the baby.

The problem with that is immigrants don’t earn enough and have too many kids.
Ironically immigrants work and study harder and at lot of them are are encumbered with the need to get pissed every other night and are way more productive as they have ambitions after coming here in the first place.

Bad ponzis: Bitcoin

Good ponzis: The pension system, Ireland immigration policy. Life.
The pension system is backed up by the Irish State or private investments via private contributory pensions.

Just because a load of foolish but extremely wealthy people have invested heavily into it early on and now they need more suckers to buy in down the line as well as the environmental damage from crypto mining.

It's a scam and always has been.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Danny Ryan, and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Little Known & Mossy & Pebbledash

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼