The Official PROC Restaurant review thread.

What’s the most impressive restaurant you’ve ever eaten in?
Anywhere, not just Cork

Ron Gastrobar in Amsterdam. Extraordinarily good food. Was there in 2014 (iirc) so no idea if it is still as good these days.

I ate in a 3 Michelin star Chinese restaurant in Hong Kong which was amazing, but really just brought home to me that no matter how well cooked it is I don't like Chinese food. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it though.

For Cork, ichigo ichie was very impressive in a "food as theatre" sort of way, but I am not sure I would bother again.

I'd say a dinner one of the chefs made at work one night which was a mistake so he gave it to me. Free food way hey 👋 Or else Indian meals I got at work in a posh joint. More free grub, never tasted Indian food like it since.

Was the posh Indian restaurant in Dublin Stuffy...
No, Galway. Loads of fellas with gold credit cards as customers. I wasn't in the kitchen there though, it was front of house. The food was something else. They marinaded the meats and had all their spices around the the cooking area.
Desperate cunts to work for though

The Tannery in Dungarven is nice as is the restaurant in the Brehon. Still preferred the food I got in work though. Heron's Cove, had an excellent dinner there.
The most disappointing meal I’ve ever had was the Tannery! Had been really looking forward to it, they knew one of the people at our table and went out of their way to accommodate us, but the food was really underwhelming to the point that I didn’t finish most courses

The most disappointing meal I’ve ever had was the Tannery! Had been really looking forward to it, they knew one of the people at our table and went out of their way to accommodate us, but the food was really underwhelming to the point that I didn’t finish most courses
When was that? I was there years ago and it was gorgeous. Maybe it's gone downhill since

No, Galway. Loads of fellas with gold credit cards as customers. I wasn't in the kitchen there though, it was front of house. The food was something else. They marinaded the meats and had all their spices around the the cooking area.
Desperate cunts to work for though

I'll have to check with the son if they're the same crowd when I see him..

Cunts lol, be great for a laugh if it's them. 😂

I'll have to check with the son if they're the same crowd when I see him..

Cunts lol, be great for a laugh if it's them. 😂
Why? Was he working in Galway or something. These guys were brutal. They sprayed Deep Heat on a very bad burn I got one night because I did bits in the kitchen as well. Talk about dim

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Ward
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Last Call

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼