Your Mental Health

Thanks for the kind words lads and if I can do it you can do it. It's a Friday so sorry for dragging the mood down
but a few years ago I was drunk in a bedroom with a noose, a bottle of vodka and a lot of zolpidem ready to end it
but in my drunken drugged haze I made a call and my life was saved.

It pains me to say it but the public system is a clown show and I thank God I had health insurance to get private care
to get me right back on track. My messege is just don't give up! talk to a family member, a friend and if it comes to it go to A & E
and do not take shit. Make sure you tell them you are in crisis and are entitled to help. Sadly you kind of got to be in their face
and even a bit mouthy to get seen but DO IT.

Private hospital was amazing for me in the care I got and programes I did but even thats not perfect. As good
as it was I and many other patients many fellow cork folk were at times frustrated due to a patient but the staff
sat us down and said we are sorry and we will fight for ye which by god they did.

They were as pissed off as us on the ward which was gender mixed became dominated by one person who nobody
can ever ever compare too. It was a struggle for us when we were all kind of in it together to have someone arrive and start
dishing out orders and how things were going to be because they were unique and nothing could ever compare to them.

Amazing in life how a person getting their arse licked on RTE softball interviews can be made a hero while all the time
they were making life as tough as possible for the patients and staff around them. People who really think Nothing can ever compare to
them.

But here I am, alive, sober, back working, good days and many bad days but I can cope, I'm alive and I'm very thankful
that I am.

And for the people (like me) who find mainstream mindfullness thechniques a bit airy fairy I had a nurse explain it well to me.
Sitting with a coffee and playing an album or playlist you like actually is mindfullness. I tried it and it works, just sit, chill play some music
you love, have a coffee and just take relaxing breaths let your mind clear enjoy the music and bobs yer uncle!

Peace out mofo's

Thanks for the kind words lads and if I can do it you can do it. It's a Friday so sorry for dragging the mood down
but a few years ago I was drunk in a bedroom with a noose, a bottle of vodka and a lot of zolpidem ready to end it

It pains me to say it but the public system is a clown show and I thank God I had health insurance to get private care
to get me right back on track. My messege is just don't give up! talk to a family member, a friend and if it comes to it go to A & E
and do not take shit. Make sure you tell them you are in crisis and are entitled to help. Sadly you kind of got to be in their face

Private hospital was amazing for me in the care I got and programes I did but even thats not perfect. As good
as it was I and many other patients many fellow cork folk were at times frustrated due to a patient but the staff
sat us down and said we are sorry and we will fight for ye which by god they did.

They were as pissed off as us on the ward which was gender mixed became dominated by one person who nobody
can ever ever compare too. It was a struggle for us when we were all kind of in it together to have someone arrive and start
dishing out orders and how things were going to be because they were unique and nothing could ever compare to them.

Amazing in life how a person getting their arse licked on RTE softball interviews can be made a hero while all the time
they were making life as tough as possible for the patients and staff around them. People who really think Nothing can ever compare to
them.

But here I am, alive, sober, back working, good days and many bad days but I can cope, I'm alive and I'm very thankful
that I am.

And for the people (like me) who find mainstream mindfullness thechniques a bit airy fairy I had a nurse explain it well to me.
Sitting with a coffee and playing an album or playlist you like actually is mindfullness. I tried it and it works, just sit, chill play some music
you love, have a coffee and just take relaxing breaths let your mind clear enjoy the music and bobs yer uncle!

Peace out mofo's
An outstanding post.
I think it will ring through for many people.

them.

that I am.

Peace out mofo's
Great stuff, I love running, The last week or so i have picked up an injury so have to take a week or so off, IM finding myself
getting tetchy at home, anxious, I also love music, love to plug in the headphones and listen to a bit of ska,

An outstanding post.
I think it will ring through for many people.
Thanks man, maybe I went too personal over the things that I found hard in hospital but my messege is
if you are at rock bottom and see no way out do not fucking give up. Fight and fight hard for yourself and a friend or family member.
If you have no one go to your GP or if it comes to it A&E but fucking FIGHT for your life, tell them you are near the end, keep bugging them
it's their fucking job to save a member of the public.

Rock bottom is hell and torture but here I am on a Friday after a lazy half day in work and I have a quiet weekend of a bit of hiking with earphones
on and then laying on the couch watching a bit of sport. And those simple things are giving me such a genuine rush about still being here.

This is the PROC we all know it's kill or be killed but I know we are all on board for staying healthy, staying alive and just have the bantz.

Have a great weekend boys and girls and again I'm gonna say if you are struggling, find the energy to get help.

Thanks man, maybe I went too personal over the things that I found hard in hospital but my messege is
if you are at rock bottom and see no way out do not fucking give up. Fight and fight hard for yourself and a friend or family member.
If you have no one go to your GP or if it comes to it A&E but fucking FIGHT for your life, tell them you are near the end, keep bugging them
it's their fucking job to save a member of the public.

Rock bottom is hell and torture but here I am on a Friday after a lazy half day in work and I have a quiet weekend of a bit of hiking with earphones
on and then laying on the couch watching a bit of sport. And those simple things are giving me such a genuine rush about still being here.

This is the PROC we all know it's kill or be killed but I know we are all on board for staying healthy, staying alive and just have the bantz.

Have a great weekend boys and girls and again I'm gonna say if you are struggling, find the energy to get help.
You didn't. All of your posts over the last few days were brilliant, and it was the honesty that made them so.

Fair play to you for putting it up. Those posts will help anyone in a similar situation now, who reads them.

Peace out mofo's

I have not had mental health issues thankfully, nor am i one for meditating or being at one with myself or any of that.. but I get the music thing completely. If I'm home alone you'll find me with the TV off, chilling in my seat between the floor standers with the tunes on the go 👍

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cinder Well

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼