Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Belfast 4/10. I'm not really into sentimental domestic dramas with a body count of just one so maybe I'm biased, but I thought it was all a bit bland and stilted, dialogue felt clichéd and scripted rather than witty and spontaneoud, Judy Dench wasn't particularly good. I like Van the Man, but the music felt sort of shoehorned into the film.

Last of the Hard Men, 1976 Western with James Coburn and Charlton Heston 3/10. Just dull.

Another Year 8/10. Mike Leigh shows how sentimental kitchen‐sink dramas with a body count of just one should be done.

I'm going to get awful grief for this.

Moonstruck 10/10
Somewhat corny but a movie that aged well from the 80s. Won best Oscar for leading actress, supporting actress and writing.
I found the dialogue very snappy and engrossing.
It's very entertaining given the world's events, that you can escape with light entertainment. Nicholas Cage was 23 in it, a bit of a madman, something he portrays well.
Acting was very decent, the mother definitely deserved the Oscar as the long bearing wife.

I'd say most on here would hate it but it's a classic movie that has stood the test of time to take your mind off life for a few hours. There's nothing wrong with a bit of escapism. The characters all have their own little world you become a part of.

Spiderman 0.3333/10. Points just for the bit of DeLaSoul at the end.

I tried to sleep through the film but there were loud noises and bright flashing lights that woke me at regular intervals.

And just when you think it's all over and at least it can't get any worse, :poop::poop::poop: 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 shows up.

I'm not a Marvel fan, in case anybody was wondering.

Last edited:
I'm going to get awful grief for this.

Moonstruck 10/10
Somewhat corny but a movie that aged well from the 80s. Won best Oscar for leading actress, supporting actress and writing.
I found the dialogue very snappy and engrossing.
It's very entertaining given the world's events, that you can escape with light entertainment. Nicholas Cage was 23 in it, a bit of a madman, something he portrays well.
Acting was very decent, the mother definitely deserved the Oscar as the long bearing wife.

I'd say most on here would hate it but it's a classic movie that has stood the test of time to take your mind off life for a few hours. There's nothing wrong with a bit of escapism. The characters all have their own little world you become a part of.
🤔
Good film but not 10/10 imo.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Simple Things

, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼