Cyclists

To warn the cyclist for the next time, that what they did wasn't clever and in fact was extremely dangerous. Had I not sounded the horn they might have thought their particular manoeuvre was grand and safe and to be done again the next time they were cycling that route.

Only use a horn to: warn other road users of on-coming danger; or make them aware of your presence for safety reasons when reasonably necessary. Remember, the horn does not give you the right of way. Do not use a horn in a built-up area between 23.30hrs and 07.00hrs unless there is a traffic emergency.

Now, your traditional overtaking procedure of flashing lights and sounding your horn to "make other road users aware of your presence" could technically be just within the parameters of legality.

However, the cyclist was aware of your presence and you sounded the horn to "warn the cyclist for the next time."

You will note that "warning the cyclist for the next time" is not a valid excuse to use the horn.

Please be considerate to other road users: you are not a traffic garda.

TLDR
What did she have to say? Was it big-bad-motorist ignoring the rules of the rode making life impossible for sweet and innocent cyclists who always stick rigidly to safe practices on the road by any chance?

I narrowly missed a cyclist again the other day only because I'd experience of their complete lack of lane-discipline at the George's Quay/Sullivan's Quay/Parliament Bridge junction. I in left hand lane going straight on had this utter clown peddle furiously and undertake me on the left only to cut across me to access the cyclepath that goes up Sullivans Quay - I was going straight on at the junction but they assumed incorrectly that I was turning right. The f**king moron gave me the finger when I hit the horn. Some day I mightn't be able to stop on time after such a crazy cyclist manoeuvre. Honky, have a word with your peeps ;)
I know you have a fetish about cyclists, but the next time you should probably do that in the privacy of your home.

The amount of those Deliveryoo fellas who cycle at night without any lights at all is scandalous. You cycle for a living ffs, get lights.
Fuck me, I saw it all earlier.

Coming from the magic roundabout on the N40 towards Rochestown earlier, as in when it was dark.

I spotted one of those wankers with a Deliveroo ruck sack on his back riding a bike with no lights on it whatsoever and he cycling away on the inside lane of the N40 by the Douglas West exit.

Someone could have so easily driven into the fuckwit and killed him stone dead, mind you i somehow doubt anyone would miss such a brainless clown

Fuck me, I saw it all earlier.

Coming from the magic roundabout on the N40 towards Rochestown earlier, as in when it was dark.

I spotted one of those wankers with a Deliveroo ruck sack on his back riding a bike with no lights on it whatsoever and he cycling away on the inside lane of the N40 by the Douglas West exit.

Someone could have so easily driven into the fuckwit and killed him stone dead, mind you i somehow doubt anyone would miss such a brainless clown
When is the N40 going to be classified as the M40?
Any dual carriageway with on and off ramp exits should not allow cyclists or tractors.
I saw a cyclist on the M8 the other day.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Regan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Cork City Organ Group

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼