Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Why does everyone focus in on one aspect of what’s needed, or more to the point one aspect of what we are saying is needed, we don’t need 3 electricity poles in the half foward line to just catch the ball,and we don’t need the same 3 poles to lump clearances down on top of them, it’s a lot more nuanced than that and ye are doing the debate a disservice, Brian Roche would be a good option just like Sean Twomey would, but this idea that Twomey can’t win rucks just high ball is laughable

Your last paragraph is bang on the button and until we address that we are pissing into the wind
Brian Roche apparently has a serious enough ankle injury from a bride rovers game last year. Heard he was carrying the injury into the semi final loss against fr o neills.

I think what Cork hurling needs badly is balance, a common theme running through many of the above comments. Balance between wristy hurlers and scrappers: balance between tippy tappy and long early direct ball: balance between small nippy forwards and big ball winning beasts: balance between going long and going short: balance between embracing the dark arts when necessary and being too often referred to as soft. At present we tend not to have this balance and that makes us easy to read/play against. Not saying it will be easy but we must try.

Not sure if this is right section only just went on the season ticket portal on ticket Ticketmaster and all tickets for hurling are up except the 2 home games

Not sure if this is right section only just went on the season ticket portal on ticket Ticketmaster and all tickets for hurling are up except the 2 home games
I bought mine earlier today and there's no tickets showing. Just the show event for the season ticket but no actual barcode or nothing to go with it.

I think what Cork hurling needs badly is balance, a common theme running through many of the above comments. Balance between wristy hurlers and scrappers: balance between tippy tappy and long early direct ball: balance between small nippy forwards and big ball winning beasts: balance between going long and going short: balance between embracing the dark arts when necessary and being too often referred to as soft. At present we tend not to have this balance and that makes us easy to read/play against. Not saying it will be easy but we must try.
On the ball but I don’t think we will even try it, why now and not for the last 4 years?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

5th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼