Woman murdered in Tullamore..

I don't doubt women are also abusers, but to suggest coercive control is asking a partner to not go to the pub you're completely missing the point. To have someone destroy any self-confidence you had, spend your time trying to avoid conflict, putting their needs before your own, contradicting what you know to be true, being anxious and being disgusted by your own body. In the best case scenario you eventually can get the strength to walk away, but the damage is done. I was aware what he was doing and spent years trying to explain exactly how he was damaging me. Counselling definitely helped and having my family and friends there to support me. I don't hide what happened to me. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go through that, so if some randomer on Twitter wants people to report this behaviour, go ahead.

I don't doubt women are also abusers, but to suggest coercive control is asking a partner to not go to the pub you're completely missing the point. To have someone destroy any self-confidence you had, spend your time trying to avoid conflict, putting their needs before your own, contradicting what you know to be true, being anxious and being disgusted by your own body. In the best case scenario you eventually can get the strength to walk away, but the damage is done. I was aware what he was doing and spent years trying to explain exactly how he was damaging me. Counselling definitely helped and having my family and friends there to support me. I don't hide what happened to me. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go through that, so if some randomer on Twitter wants people to report this behaviour, go ahead.
You're a brave smart woman and he is a THUNDERCUNT. Never forget that

Meh , controlling what someone does and who they see is much of a muchness. You cant trivialise it just because its happening to a man.

Removing someones agency does just as much damage to your identity and self worth, irrespective of gender.

That's what you understood from my post. 🤣

And I quote:

'to suggest coercive control is asking a partner to not go to the pub is completely missing the point'

How is controlling a partners behavior in this instance any less harmful or unhealthy?

Women like to pretend they have a monopoly on being the victim of abusive and damaging relationships. Anything but.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Toucan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Afro House & Amapiano #18

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼