De Irish Times 'all men are bastards' thread

Not special treatment at all.

If someone asked me to stop calling them something then I would, cos that is the decent thing to do. You don't see it that way, that's fine.

I can't take seriously a request from someone to stop referring to her (amongst others) as dear, someone who continually uses snide comments about other posters from which they request better treatment.

You speak about "the decent thing to do" but evidently from your own behaviour are unfamiliar with it yourself :cool:

I can't take seriously a request from someone to stop referring to her (amongst others) as dear, someone who continually uses snide comments about other posters from which they request better treatment.

You speak about "the decent thing to do" but evidently from your own behaviour are unfamiliar with it yourself :cool:
Point me to where someone has requested that I stop using a name or term for them and I've refused?

To be honest, it is very often a safer strategy to go for a domestic violence order. So lets say the guards are called to a domestic. They advise the victim to press charges and to go get a barring order.

A barring order is likely to fix the immediate problem far more effectively than a conviction will. Often even a safety/protection order is sufficient.
I think the Gardai have to do a follow-up 4 weeks after a domestic now just to check in whether charges are pressed or not (I think it in with a the last 12 months or so)

More of it..

Lazy teenagers.....thats our fault too.

'Conn O’Donovan of Cork Cycling Campaign spoke at an Oireachtas committee this week and said that, in 2016, no teenage girls cycled to school in more than 120 towns'.

Breda thinks women should be irate about imaginary cyclists.
Read the room, your sisters have parked the outrage as the perp wasnt Irish.

'It is true that women learn from an early age that the world is not safe, that they must constantly be on the alert, that the threat of rape is ever present'.

Is it true or is it just your opinion presented as fact.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

Tim Mullane

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼