The Official Celtic Thread

Celtic are said to be VERY close to signing Jota on a permanent deal from Benfica.

A pity our board weren't so open to signing players last season but mustn't grumble.

At home to Hibs on Monday at 7:45. Match due to go ahead in front of a full house - or as full as a league match on a Monday night will get.

Jota is back to full training after his hammy at the start of December.

It'll be interesting to see how many of the new signings get a run and how they do. Looks like our interest in Riley McGree has cooled, or rather he's looking elsewhere after Ange failed to sign him.

Fingers crossed it'll be a victory against Hibs. On paper we should win but...

At home to Hibs on Monday at 7:45. Match due to go ahead in front of a full house - or as full as a league match on a Monday night will get.

Jota is back to full training after his hammy at the start of December.

It'll be interesting to see how many of the new signings get a run and how they do. Looks like our interest in Riley McGree has cooled, or rather he's looking elsewhere after Ange failed to sign him.

Fingers crossed it'll be a victory against Hibs. On paper we should win but...
Shaun Maloneyin the hibs dugout will add another bit of bite to it

Shaun Maloneyin the hibs dugout will add another bit of bite to it

Not a popular opinion but I always thought he was over-rated as a player. Served a very good apprenticeship as assistent manager though. I've a soft spot for Hibs but not tonight.

Speaking of which I see Celtic have cancelled Leigh Griffiths's contract over the weekend. And I think he's out of favour in Dundee too.

Former Celtic captain Scott Brown is in the running for a FIFA Fair Play award tonight (alongside Claudio Ranieri and the Danish national football team) on the basis of "touchingly offering Rangers' Glen Kamara support after the latter had been a victim of racist abuse"

Actually would tend to agree on Maloney, in the sense that I thought he had some tasty touches at times, not a go-to when the pressure was on . Griffiths had more chances from numerous managers than any reasonable person could expect. To be fair there are issues there far beyond football and I hope for he's own sake he can resolve them in the long-term. But celtic as a club and employer can be proud of how they dealt him I think

Former Celtic captain Scott Brown is in the running for a FIFA Fair Play award tonight (alongside Claudio Ranieri and the Danish national football team) on the basis of "touchingly offering Rangers' Glen Kamara support after the latter had been a victim of racist abuse"
That was a nice gesture

Great to see Celtic match tonight.

We were absolutely blessed not to be a goal down after 2 minutes then we ran up the other end and new signing Maeda scored with his first or second touch. Looked a bit fortunate with keeper seeming to dive out of the way. We absolutely dominated them for half an hour and eventually got a pen for hand ball. Dispatched by Juranovic.
Hibs tried to play but we carved them open a few times.

Great first half. Second one was ok but not as good.

Other newbie Hatate got MOTM. Seemed everywhere and sprayed the ball around like the Maestro. Very early days obviously.

Everyone did quite well tonight. Gioukamakis and even Johnson played some good stuff.

We have a decent squad now I think but I’d still love a big focal point striker for a Plan B

Missed most of the game as I was out hurling.

Saw the last 5 minutes and then the highlihlights on sportscene.

The commentators suggesting VAR would have not given the pen... Jesus wept.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Special Guest Award Winning Ray Harrington - Danny Ryan
City Limits, Coburg St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼