Official NFL Thread 2021/2022

Mike mac might actually be on the chopping block here. This late in the game they have 130 offensive yards and 90 yards lost to penalties and sacks

Not a hope now. Can’t stretch 49’s with a lead like this they will just run more now. Very poor by Dak. 40 million a year hmmmm
Sack, fumble, recover it and then commit another penalty.

Dak got the going rate in his turn, same as Goff, Wentz etc and is probably the best of that bunch, but that's not saying much. Really it's just a qb league and they get more money and more credit than they are due.

Feel sorry for the umpire whose gonna catch all the hate when it's not really his fault. Had to do a 40 yard dash just to get there

Overall an underwhelming wildcard weekend: three blowouts, one overshadowed by the "phanthom whistle" and then last night in Arlington which was, let's say, an interesting conclusion ...

Bengals: probably deserved to win v Raiders but the whole whistle hoopla will overshadow their win. Not that they'll care one bit. Saturday in Nashville will be a good matchup I feel.

Bills: very impressive takedown of the Pats, Josh Allen being lauded from all quarters. Going into Arrowhead on Sunday night won't be as daunting as last year, but I still have this nagging feeling about Allen; there was a playoff game in Houston a few years ago when he had a spectacular meltdown and while I don't think that'll happen again, he can be stymied if Spagnola has his men curb the space.

Bucs: got the job done early and then coasted to the end versus a disappointing Eagles team who got shoved around a lot. Time will tell if the absence of Godwin will cost them, but they should get over either the Rams or the Cardinals next Sunday

49ers: what can you say? They tore into the Cowboys from the kickoff and were very very impressive in the first half. Jimmy G is their weak spot though, he let the Cowboys back into it last night and only for the multitude of Cowboy penalties and the Dak brain fade at the end the 49ers might have been caught. Can't afford to let the Packers build up a lead next Saturday night in Lambeau, but this looks like a tasty affair.

Chiefs: took care of business with minimum fuss and now face a Bills team in what may be a mirror of last year's matchup when KC had the mo. It'll be a good contest whatever happens.

Rams-Cardinals tonight could be a snoozefest or overflowing with drama. Neither side are convincing enough to warrant a short price but the winner could give the Bucs enough of it next Sunday.

At this stage you'd fancy the Packers and the Bills to go all the way to Inglewood (unless the venue is changed which is not impossible) on 13 February.

Overall an underwhelming wildcard weekend: three blowouts, one overshadowed by the "phanthom whistle" and then last night in Arlington which was, let's say, an interesting conclusion ...

Bengals: probably deserved to win v Raiders but the whole whistle hoopla will overshadow their win. Not that they'll care one bit. Saturday in Nashville will be a good matchup I feel.

Bills: very impressive takedown of the Pats, Josh Allen being lauded from all quarters. Going into Arrowhead on Sunday night won't be as daunting as last year, but I still have this nagging feeling about Allen; there was a playoff game in Houston a few years ago when he had a spectacular meltdown and while I don't think that'll happen again, he can be stymied if Spagnola has his men curb the space.

Bucs: got the job done early and then coasted to the end versus a disappointing Eagles team who got shoved around a lot. Time will tell if the absence of Godwin will cost them, but they should get over either the Rams or the Cardinals next Sunday

49ers: what can you say? They tore into the Cowboys from the kickoff and were very very impressive in the first half. Jimmy G is their weak spot though, he let the Cowboys back into it last night and only for the multitude of Cowboy penalties and the Dak brain fade at the end the 49ers might have been caught. Can't afford to let the Packers build up a lead next Saturday night in Lambeau, but this looks like a tasty affair.

Chiefs: took care of business with minimum fuss and now face a Bills team in what may be a mirror of last year's matchup when KC had the mo. It'll be a good contest whatever happens.

Rams-Cardinals tonight could be a snoozefest or overflowing with drama. Neither side are convincing enough to warrant a short price but the winner could give the Bucs enough of it next Sunday.

At this stage you'd fancy the Packers and the Bills to go all the way to Inglewood (unless the venue is changed which is not impossible) on 13 February.
Dallas. Some clownshow. Mike Mac blaming everyone else in the room

Have you noticed a kind of Jimmy G rehabilitation story in the media. CBS had a big graphic about how much better 9ers are with him and Romo went large on him being a winner

SI had this story then,

Id say his agent must be the fuckin business cos. He's a starter but he is limited and protected by his coach

Yeah, it's a bit of romance trumping reality. Plus I see via Peter King that he's got torn ligaments in his right thumb. That's gonna be exacerbated by the weather conditions in Lambeau on Saturday night (minus 6 celsius and snow). So I doubt we'll see much of him, perhaps more of Trey Lance.

Re: Jimmy G, his playoff win percentage is .750, ominously close to Brady at .761 😉

If his throwing side is injured for next week it would be a huge boost to the niners offence.

Re: Dallas. It won't happen but I think that performance would be grounds for letting Mccarthy go. When it was an individual thing like Chase Claypool celebrating that's on the individual player but practically every Dallas player looked clueless at different points of the game, they just weren't there and that's on the coaches.

Dak overran the play but all the Cowboys were not prepared for the end. They actually got the snap off in time... and then spiked it on 0 seconds. None of the players were ready to go for an emergency final play which should have been a no brainer when they call a draw with 14 seconds left.

Not only was the clock stopped before the play but the 49ers even called a timeout before the play. How in all of that was there no single thought put into "if this doesn't go right and we have to run a play, X is the play to run"

Then you have the bizzare unnecessary defensive penalties (wtf is a defender holding on a running play) and that crazy follow up to the fake punt. It just screams amateur hour.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Gemma Hayes

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼