Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Apparently so.

“We didn’t name Mark in the team because we didn’t want to put pressure on him,” said Cork manager Kieran Kingston after the game.

“If we had (named him) there might have been another thousand people here and we wanted to take that pressure off him. He’s just back from Australia and he’s still involved with his club (Ballygiblin).
Ah for Christ sake, why try mind players from the hype in January ? God help us if we get to Croke Park, they’ll have to drop him altogether

Would love to see Seán Twomey at centre forward. Guarantees you at the very least a few frees, has a good paw and is as strong as an ox.

Interesting that the two Roches saw no game time with UCC last night. Seemed ok picking around at half time.
Agree 100%, I’ve been saying for 2/3 years this guy needs to be looked at, but he doesn’t fit into the short passing running game they want to play, it’s ridiculous

Apparently so.

“We didn’t name Mark in the team because we didn’t want to put pressure on him,” said Cork manager Kieran Kingston after the game.

“If we had (named him) there might have been another thousand people here and we wanted to take that pressure off him. He’s just back from Australia and he’s still involved with his club (Ballygiblin).
That is fucking laughable stuff from Kingston, it’s not the Harlem globetrotters ffs

Wouldn't read much into those comments, hardly a big deal. You can say it's laughable or good management depends how you see it. To be fair the hype past couple days around Keane has been unreal. Probably too much and unfair on the lad. Think some people expected him to hit 10 points from play last night or something

Apparently so.

Last night was the first exposure Mark Keane had to hurling at this level.
In the circumstances I thought he did alright.
Just about everyone else spent last year hurling on the senior or under 20 panels.

Mark spent the majority of last year playing Australian rules.
I don't think he played any hurling until October.

He won't be 22 until March and I would guess is seen as a long term project instead of an immediate fix.

How well would anybody else on the pitch last night have done if they spent last summer playing a different sport in a different country .
He certainly did not look lost but if he could come into that game and be the star it would not say much for the others.

Let's look at him in six months and see how he is progressing.

Would love to see Seán Twomey at centre forward. Guarantees you at the very least a few frees, has a good paw and is as strong as an ox.

Interesting that the two Roches saw no game time with UCC last night. Seemed ok picking around at half time.
Would agree about Twomey he is well able to win he own ball and take on defenders physically. Think he definitely deserves an opportunity in the league but as r&b pointed out dont think kingston thinks the same

BossHogg I think only Eoin Roche is in UCC. Brian is in CIT

Last edited:
Would agree about Twomey he is well able to win he own ball and take on defenders physically. Think he definitely deserves an opportunity in the league but as r&b pointed out dont think kingston thinks the same
I think we'll see twomey plenty alright in the league. He didn't play for long last night but to be fair he's only back from Courceys campaign and he took a lot of punishment last Sunday in their game plus it went to extra time. So I think it was enough time for him last night

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼