Cork Hurlers - Part 2

You'd wonder did Cork ever look at the All Ireland Final video? Nothing learned on tonights showing. Over indulgence in short passing, Coleman cleaned again at center back. Super player Coleman but not a centerback. No quick low ball to the forwards. We could go on.

Also announce the team at 1pm today and by 7pm 2 personnel changes, one of whom came on as a sub and only 6 people start in the positions as announced.
Who do they think they are fooling? Have some respect for the the Cork supporters please.

Savage crowd biggest I've seem for this fixture. Well done supporters!
I don't think he was playing at 6.

Enjoyed the game ...some crowd ...some hitting in the game...Cork yet again over played the ball..Still it's only January
There was a couple of seriously wild pulls which is unusual for these type games. There was one in first half that could often be a straight red, was a nasty element to it

Serious crowd, think after Covid everyone is bursting for games to start going

To

Tommy O’Connell is too small for no.6. Can play a role this year but more likely at midfield or in the forward line I would have thought. It’s surely Joyce all the way at CB
While I do believe Tommy O'Connell's best position is in the half-forward line I don't believe he's too small for centre-back. The UCC management didn't think so either when they played him there tonight with Rob Downey towering over him and playing beside him at wing-back.

Interesting that the Cork management eventually played Ciaran Joyce mid-field. I think it is a good position to ease him into senior inter-county hurling at only 19. Joyce should end up centre-back but hopefully first he will play there at U-20 in 2022. We could also see Ger Millerick, Tommy O'Connell or James O'Flynn at centre-back with Rob Downey or Damien Cahalane full-back in the National Hurling League. Only time will tell!

Thanks for the match updates lads, tis mad how Millerick’s breakthrough year kinda got forgotten about with him not being involved in the final. He was excellent last year sitting in the midfield role but often helping Coleman by picking the centre forward.

We don’t have a settled line on the field when you think about it - 2 out of 3 in the full back line and Hoggie and JOC in the full forward are about the closest to it.

PC
NOL. ? SOD
TOM. ? ?
Coleman Millerick
Fitz. ? ROF
? Hoggie. JOC

Harnedy on form and fit slots into 11 I guess and I’d love to Brian Roche around the centre. Joyce, Downey and Daire O’Leary featuring in the backline. All ahead of us.

Thanks to everyone for yer match updates, great to hear there was a big crowd there, shows the respect which the canon is held in and shows the interest in cork hurling

A bit worried that there doesn’t seem to be any change of emphasis on how we are going to play this year, if ever there was a game to try something different style wise this was it, but from yer reports it was more of the same, still we live in hope

He couldn’t name him to start because of the hype? In January? 😀
Apparently so.

“We didn’t name Mark in the team because we didn’t want to put pressure on him,” said Cork manager Kieran Kingston after the game.

“If we had (named him) there might have been another thousand people here and we wanted to take that pressure off him. He’s just back from Australia and he’s still involved with his club (Ballygiblin).

Thanks for the match updates lads, tis mad how Millerick’s breakthrough year kinda got forgotten about with him not being involved in the final. He was excellent last year sitting in the midfield role but often helping Coleman by picking the centre forward.

We don’t have a settled line on the field when you think about it - 2 out of 3 in the full back line and Hoggie and JOC in the full forward are about the closest to it.

PC
NOL. ? SOD
TOM. ? ?
Coleman Millerick
Fitz. ? ROF
? Hoggie. JOC

Harnedy on form and fit slots into 11 I guess and I’d love to Brian Roche around the centre. Joyce, Downey and Daire O’Leary featuring in the backline. All ahead of us.
Would love to see Seán Twomey at centre forward. Guarantees you at the very least a few frees, has a good paw and is as strong as an ox.

Interesting that the two Roches saw no game time with UCC last night. Seemed ok picking around at half time.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼