Wuhan Wheeze

14,555 new cases, cases also dropping in UK, time to book those holidays lads!
Meaningless numbers now. I don’t know why they are bothering to report them. They are only good if they are comparable.

That said I think we are coming out the right side if this finally.

Dr John Campbell from UK has been posting some interesting stuff on YouTube, not conspiracy type stuff. Very interesting, he thinks there’s three key things going for UK that are very positive:

1. High vaccination rate is reducing impact when people are infected.

2. High infection rate is producing natural antibodies with a longer lasting effect than the vaccine. Also they off better protection than the vaccines. Antibodies apparently last longer than T Cell which infection generates. And he says T cells help fight the virus when you’re infected, whereas antibodies better help prevent the infection in the first place.

3. He also points to research that suggests that the Omicron variant has a lot in common with 4 common cold viruses, and there’s evidence that antibodies gained from those common colds may provide some protection for certain people, and may explain why some people manage to avoid picking up Omicron.

To me it seems our government are acting as if they are thinking the same thing, hence the reduced testing. The 8pm pub curfew will drop off soon as well, they probably don’t want to seem too cavalier about it all.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Chris Kent and Gearóid Farrelly
The White Horse, Ballincollig

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼