Bus Eireann.

In the news:

The 09 Scania single deckers are slowly disappearing off the streets of Cork with SL's 1 - 7 and 10 now off service in Capwell with most of them now parked up above in the Galway BE Garage.

Most of the Galway VWD's ( 401 - 412 ) are now in service down here, replacing the SL's.

Limerick has received their batch of the PAD's and even today the Limerick VWD 417 was on the 206, this is the first of the Limerick batch.

With 8 SL's now gone and 1 out of service that leaves 14 of them still in service, it is anticipated that they will all be gone before Christmas.

On the coach front, SC's 223,224,225 and 226 are leaving Capwell imminently and are being replaced by double deck coaches from Broadstone LD's 304, 305, 306 and 307.

We will then have 7 double deck coaches in Cork

VWD'S 1 - 10 are about to be withdrawn, VWD 4 is already gone from Broadstone.
So as 5 - 10 are here in Cork, they will be withdrawn.
Apparently Bus Eireann are very happy with the fuel consumption of the new PAD's which are operating in Limerick and Galway.

PAD 121, one of the new Hybrid deckers, from Limerick, paid a visit down here today for the NTA press launch of Cork Bus Connects.

For anyone interested here it is https://corkdraftnetwork.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

Massive proposed changes to the existing services.
I can't see any mention of improved infrastructure to help make this work. Unless I missed something? Surely there will be a need for a lot of new dedicated bus lanes around the suburbs.

I can't see any mention of improved infrastructure to help make this work. Unless I missed something? Surely there will be a need for a lot of new dedicated bus lanes around the suburbs.
Still only in the planning stage as far as I know.

I think it is unnecessary and I think it will be a disaster as people have just more or less gotten used to the existing routes and frequencies.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼