The Official Irish Rugby Thread

What in the name of fuck?
A woman arrested today for what looks like spiking the girls drink?

Some jump there Handy to think it’s an issue across rugby.

Steady on nellY, I never said it was an issue across rugby. You can't deny that in the last few years once one accusation comes out, more tend to follow in quick succession.
Anyways, the player has been all but named.

Steady on nellY, I never said it was an issue across rugby. You can't deny that in the last few years once one accusation comes out, more tend to follow in quick succession.
Anyways, the player has been all but named.
I don’t know man, you put the question out there.

You could have said the same back when Muliaina was accused, that didn’t lead to an increase in anything, except his air miles as he, rightly fucked off after being cleared.

Reading some unsavoury things about the latest fella though in general, wouldn’t have thought that from his public persona but I haven’t done the hard yardes to dig any other stuff up.

Leinster side for tomorrows game

Would have liked to see HarryByrne involved in this one

Baird too but i think he had covid

Henshaw needs games too but must be still injured

15. Hugo Keenan (36)
14. Jordan Larmour (67)
13. Garry Ringrose (92)
12. Ciarán Frawley (42)
11. Jimmy O’Brien (38)
10. Ross Byrne (111)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (106)

1. Andrew Porter (82)
2. Rónan Kelleher (30)
3. Tadhg Furlong (118)
4. Ross Molony (123)
5. James Ryan (53) CAPTAIN
6. Caelan Doris (45)
7. Josh van der Flier (104)
8. Jack Conan (107)

Replacements:

16. Dan Sheehan (19)
17. Cian Healy (238)
18. Michael Ala’alatoa (7)
19. Rhys Ruddock (196)
20. Max Deegan (71)
21. Luke McGrath (158)
22. Johnny Sexton (176)
23. James Lowe (57)

Is the Irish Six Nations squad being named this week? England naming theirs tomorrow

Hard to see any surprises by the time the matchday 23 is named

Heres my side for Wales

Porter, Kelleher, Furlong, Henderson, Beirne, Doris, VDF, Conan, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Aki, Ringrose, Balacoune, Keenan

Healy, Sheehan, O toole, Ryan, Coombes, Casey, R Byrne, Henshaw

I'm assuming Ryan and Henshaw wont have enough game time under their belts to start. Id also prefer Harry to Ross Byrne but again I don't think he will have the necessary game time

I hope Farrell doesn't go for Murray over Casey

the likes of Kilcoyne, Herring, Bealham, Baird, O Mahoney, Murray/Casey, Carty, Conway,Earls probably next in line

Again id ditch O Mahoney now and bring in the likes of Timoney ahead of him

yeah good to see him back..probably a bit away from an Irish squad yet but could possibly go to NZ in June
Looks to have put on a bit of bulk too. He probably would want to sort a position out or he’ll find himself covering the back row and getting minimal caps and less again starts.

Would be harsh to drop POM, he’s in absolute flying form but you could justify it for the sake of looking ahead.

Aki was lucky to get a warning for his argument with Raynal after the final whistle last week. Went a bit over the top when he was always 100% wrong.

Mack Hansen needs a run out,as does Timoney.
I’d have Timoney ahead of Coombes on the bench. Try aside last week,Coombes hasn’t been playing well.

Is the Irish Six Nations squad being named this week? England naming theirs tomorrow

Hard to see any surprises by the time the matchday 23 is named

Heres my side for Wales

Porter, Kelleher, Furlong, Henderson, Beirne, Doris, VDF, Conan, JGP, Sexton, Lowe, Aki, Ringrose, Balacoune, Keenan

Healy, Sheehan, O toole, Ryan, Coombes, Casey, R Byrne, Henshaw

I'm assuming Ryan and Henshaw wont have enough game time under their belts to start. Id also prefer Harry to Ross Byrne but again I don't think he will have the necessary game time

I hope Farrell doesn't go for Murray over Casey

the likes of Kilcoyne, Herring, Bealham, Baird, O Mahoney, Murray/Casey, Carty, Conway,Earls probably next in line

Again id ditch O Mahoney now and bring in the likes of Timoney ahead of him

Its just laughable to have Sexton still being selected at this point.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Danny Ryan, and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼