The Official Munster Rugby Thread™

Slow to start, I was thinking we would see something similar to last week 🙄.

They woke up when Zebo was red carded, but eventhough they won, they were still not fantastic.

Even though the red card was correct, I don't think the TMO should be over-ruling a referee - Adamson had exactly the same view as the TMO and had decided Yellow but the TMO effectivelt over-ruled him. IMO The TMO can point out an issue to the referee but once the ref makes a decision, that should be it.

The rules are crazy IMO - a glancing shoulder to the head is a red but a blatant spear tackle is not, because the player doesn't land on his head - can't make sense of that.

Refs interpretation is so different - Adamson allows a rolling maul to be held up and never forces the offence team to use the ball but the ref in the Connaught game constantly demanded the ball be used whenever there was even a slight pause on forward momentum of a rolling maul - confusing for players.
Look, it’s Adamson, he’s absolutely appalling. Same fella that Stander had a go at in the RDS. I’ve heard the professional league in Scotland don’t even want him near their games.

The TMO pushing things normally means the ref has gotten it wrong. Sometimes the ref will back himself other times they’ll eventually twig what the TMO is alluding to and go with that. The tip tackle for me is almost always red, there should be no mitigation for where the player lands. Treadwell had no idea where and how Daly is landing and for that and also the fact they want to eradicate it entirely they need to go aggressive on it.
It’s also 100% a deliberate movement unlike a shoulder to head tackle so it’s even more of a red IMO.

Look at this from the Quins game tonight

Even though the red card was correct, I don't think the TMO should be over-ruling a referee - Adamson had exactly the same view as the TMO and had decided Yellow but the TMO effectivelt over-ruled him. IMO The TMO can point out an issue to the referee but once the ref makes a decision, that should be it.

The rules are crazy IMO - a glancing shoulder to the head is a red but a blatant spear tackle is not, because the player doesn't land on his head - can't make sense of that.

Refs interpretation is so different - Adamson allows a rolling maul to be held up and never forces the offence team to use the ball but the ref in the Connaught game constantly demanded the ball be used whenever there was even a slight pause on forward momentum of a rolling maul - confusing for players.
And after dumping his victim to the ground with teh spear tackle he appeared to throw himself down on him to inflict further damage. I thought it merited a red every bit as much as Zebo's tbh.

And after dumping his victim to the ground with teh spear tackle he appeared to throw himself down on him to inflict further damage. I thought it merited a red every bit as much as Zebo's tbh.
I saw mitigation in Zebos challenge but due to the hit to the head and lack of control he had to go.
Treadwell had intention and the mitigation that he landed on his shoulder instead of his head should not factor. It was a pile drive with no duty of care. Red all day for me.

I saw mitigation in Zebos challenge but due to the hit to the head and lack of control he had to go.
Treadwell had intention and the mitigation that he landed on his shoulder instead of his head should not factor. It was a pile drive with no duty of care. Red all day for me.
This type of incident illustrates the anomalies of the rules. Threadwell was reckless, at the very least but the rule is that if the 'tackled' player lands on his head, it's red - on his back or shoulder, it's yellow. Bizarre.

Zeebs deserved red - lead with his shoulder, no attempt to wrap - Pete did something similar in a ruck not too long ago - coaches need to train them to go in low now. The Norrie FB is a midget and he dipped - Adamson was going to allow mitigation but TMO, McNiece (a Dub) persuaded him to go red. McNiece was heavily criticised for recommeding yellow in a Scarlets game, a few years ago - than probably influenced him.

Does anyone know this guy, is he a good signing ?

He was a quality player, he was relatively quiet at Toulon and probably even more so at Wasps. He’s been pretty reliable performance wise from what I’ve seen and the games I’ve seen without being flashy.
Might be just what’s needed and Costello would have been well aware of him so presumably he’s more than happy.
To be honest though more centers are needed, there’s simply too much of a jump between Farrell and him, presuming he signs vs the other local lads. Might be worth an enquire to Exeter to see what their plans are with Whitten with the new salary cap rules coming in.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼