The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Good article on Jack McGraths hip problems.
Didn't realise he was so crocked.

Yeah, he was throwing up videos of his post op rehab on IG. The way he was explaining it and given how he was moving I thought it was a post retirement op he had. Fair play to him getting back but you’d wonder to what end, especially at his age? Hopefully he gets a clean run for however long he wants.

How likely are we to see the 6 Nations go ahead behind closed doors?

Only about a month til it kicks off.
Don't see current restrictions easing anytime soon

How likely are we to see the 6 Nations go ahead behind closed doors?

Only about a month til it kicks off.
Don't see current restrictions easing anytime soon
Depends on their risk appetite.

If they take sensible decisions, e.g. All players and staff must be triple vaxed, isolated camps, etc, then it should be just fine to go ahead at least behind closed doors.

There were 22k at the Leicester match yesterday.
Let's see how the evidence progresses over the next couple of weeks but right now, Omicron isn't actually acute. It's at risk of turning acute but it isn't there right now

Right now, we're Joey Carbery. A bit fucked, after a couple of bad years. Exactly how badly screwed and whether or not it's going to keep happening isn't clear.
Maybe we'll make the Six Nations, maybe not...

I thought that initially, but actually, the way it's worded, you need a family connection to actually play for the 2nd country.

I can see the situation that it deals with, the sort of situation where say a Tongan player gets a couple of starts for NZ, but doesn't really nail down a spot, they'e permanently excluded.

Looking at some other players who could benefit from this:
https://www.americasrugbynews.com/2019/09/09/foreign-born-raised-players-at-rwc-2019/

Jordi Murphy and Spain is another one that's actually potentially plausible.

I don't think it's a good rule, in many ways, I think it's compensating for the bad rule that is the residency one.
Here's a perfect example of where this rule is good:
This chap got 1 cap for NZ, a total of 12 minutes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffery_Toomaga-Allen

He's still young enough to do a good job for Fiji in the next world cup.

I wonder if this will be just start of something in rugby circles coming out...

What in the name of fuck?
A woman arrested today for what looks like spiking the girls drink?

Some jump there Handy to think it’s an issue across rugby.

On this, it looks like press doorstepped Danny Cipriani and his wife this morning. They have nothing to do with this, they guessed, wrongly as she’s 41.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Paul Brady & His Band

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼