The Hurling Thread

It's well known to Cork supporters Johnny Murphy is at best a terrible referee . A case in point was a few years ago in Ennis. Cork minor hurlers played Clare in the final Round Robin match .(A very fancied Cork minor hurling team ).
A Cork win and they would be playing limerick in the final. A truly inexplicable free went to Clare on the halfway which was as clear as day a foul on young Cahalane . Clare scored the free and won by a point. It was truly daylight robbery. Trying not to be personal but He is Atrocious
Afaik, that was O Halloran, another Limerick ref.

It's well known to Cork supporters Johnny Murphy is at best a terrible referee . A case in point was a few years ago in Ennis. Cork minor hurlers played Clare in the final Round Robin match .(A very fancied Cork minor hurling team ).
A Cork win and they would be playing limerick in the final. A truly inexplicable free went to Clare on the halfway which was as clear as day a foul on young Cahalane . Clare scored the free and won by a point. It was truly daylight robbery. Trying not to be personal but He is Atrocious
will you go away out of that ffs clare totally dominated the match from start to finish other than one 5 minutes of the game when a young cork lad got 2 goals in a minute and still clare won it. 18 or 19 to 2 11 or 12. Cork were put under pressure and hit a ton of wides. Clare only got five or six points from frees yet here you are whinging about one incident

Yes " The outdoor Thread Mill" It was J O Halloran from bruree who reffed that match . I will eat humble pie on that one. .apologies to John Murphy on this occasion
As "Fortwice as nice97" Cork started poorly I give you that .But in the second half came thundering in to game. And with the sides level cork were in the final till that big CALL
Cork had beaten Tipperary by 12 points and Waterford .
Cork and limerick had drawn in the previous round and a repeat final looked in prospect but fair play play to Clare they were focused on the day. In the mean time . At least 11 Cork players who took part at some stage that day got their All ireland medal in 20 &/ or 21.

Don’t think he played for mallows seniors this year, was that injury related does anyone know? He’d be doing well to make Kilmacud team at this stage I’d say
He had tried to get a transfer elsewhere in Cork - was it Sars? Not 100% but he was trying to transfer elsewhere and sat out. Better hurlers in Mallow but it's the age old problem with that club anyway. Ego & nepotism.

He had tried to get a transfer elsewhere in Cork - was it Sars? Not 100% but he was trying to transfer elsewhere and sat out. Better hurlers in Mallow but it's the age old problem with that club anyway. Ego & nepotism.
Don’t think it was Sars, it was Michael Cahalane from Bandon who tried to force a transfer through to them if I remember correctly.
Murphy is a nephew of Tomás Mulcahy through marriage, perhaps it was the Glen he tried to join?
Yeah definitely, had a good year or 2 with cork but wouldn’t be near IC level now I don’t think.
Wouldn’t know enough about the goings on in Mallow to comment but I’d believe it, same issue in a lot of clubs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Monster (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼