the wine thread

I make a savage mulled wine. Did you make your own muslin spice or buy the teabaggy ones
from scratch GBOS.. here’s the honkeY recipe for 1 bottle of wine worth:

Stud oranges with cloves, roast and cut into decent sized chunks, cut on a board that will keep the juices - throw the lot in a pot.

Add the bottle of wine, 4 of 5 star anise, 2 or 3 sticks of cinnamon, grate about 1/3 of a nutmeg, fire a good glug of brandy in.

Start to heat and add demarara sugar to taste but keep it tart. Once it’s warmed stew with the lid on to get everything infused. Over Christmas leave everything in the pot, it gets better every day it’s used again as the base

Hey BandonY.. if you are looking to pick some wines from that site I had a quick look at the Sicilian selection and would suggest these:

“Zisola” Rosso Sicilia Noto DOC 2019

“Nerojbleo” Rosso Terre Siciliane IGT 2018 (BIO)

“Mamertino” Rosso Sicilia DOC 2017

“Saia” Nero d’Avola Sicilia DOC 2018

All road tested by yours truly :)

When I used order from German sites Gourmondo always had really good value. They stopped getting through though so I haven't tried in ages

Box arrived today. Well packaged in fairness to them. Basement is well cold now so they'll be fine down there for a few months/weeks

Shipped! Looking forward to this...
What wines did ya go for JeepY?

I bought my Christmas wine a few weeks back, I tend to give presents of wine to various houses we will be in so I needed a goos clatter. Went for a mixture of stuff from various places I spotted some value. Got that Marques de Concordia rioja and a nice Albarino from o Brien for presents. Went for some Sicilian and Tuscan stuff for myself, have been given a few really nice presents also which will be produced at some stage.

What wines did ya go for JeepY?

I bought my Christmas wine a few weeks back, I tend to give presents of wine to various houses we will be in so I needed a goos clatter. Went for a mixture of stuff from various places I spotted some value. Got that Marques de Concordia rioja and a nice Albarino from o Brien for presents. Went for some Sicilian and Tuscan stuff for myself, have been given a few really nice presents also which will be produced at some stage.
Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, which old dolls love
Rocca di Frassinello Maremma Toscana le Sughere
Firriato Santagostino Baglia Soria
And a few on offer

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼