the wine thread

They didn't have the Marques white in my Supervalu only the red you mentioned before. I got a Spanish white of the same grape which looks ok. It should be nice enough. I'll be buying more wine before Christmas anyway.

Nice one HonkY. Will be picking up more in Supervalu I reckon. My local is Mayfield, don't ask but the delivery comes from savage Blackrock and they are fantastic. Have you any more Supervalu recommendations? Within your own time of course. White or red, red if you prefer red

Jamie Oliver has a lovely recipe. I only use half the sugar though
I found a memory on my page of a Ramsey one.
I use the sachets from Dunnes, they do the dried spices in little bags. Honey, clementines,the juice fruit and peel. I add some water which isn't supposed to happen but I feel it stops the wine from evaporating and I like a weaker drink. I don't ever have sugar around where the honey comes in. Simmer it and enjoy. You need to drain the fruit from it though. Very bad headache if the wine is cheap I have learned

The Ramsay one was too fussy for my liking. Trying to be different for the sake of it.
Bang on about the cheap wine though.
Btw, I don't think you even need to simmer it. You won't drink it at 90+C so no need to risk evaporation and cooking off the alcohol

The Ramsay one was too fussy for my liking. Trying to be different for the sake of it.
Bang on about the cheap wine though.
Btw, I don't think you even need to simmer it. You won't drink it at 90+C so no need to risk evaporation and cooking off the alcohol
I just let it heat up for a bit. One year, someone gave me a bottle of red so I used that. Bad move, thought I'd die. i don't know what it is when heated, hits you harder. I think I'll mull some wine this week. I'll use a medium range wine.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

23rd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Soviet Milk (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼