Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think it is an opportunity lost.
They need not have involved any of the senior players but there is a host of players who would jump at the opportunity to play for a Cork team in a competition like this and you never know what you might find.
Nah, you look at the team Limerick put out in it, the 2020 final against Cork. Where is the benefit to a host of new players from Cork getting massacred by them? Our full current team aren't near the level to compete with Limerick , what hope have the next 30-60 players in the county.

Nah, you look at the team Limerick put out in it, the 2020 final against Cork. Where is the benefit to a host of new players from Cork getting massacred by them? Our full current team aren't near the level to compete with Limerick , what hope have the next 30-60 players in the county.
This is a pre season competition, you are not really trying to compete with Limerick first team in this competition.
Since the 2017 under 21 Munster hurling final we have competed every year in All Ireland finals in under 21/20 and also a couple of times in minor finals.

There are plenty of these lads not on the senior hurling panel but could still make the grade, where will they get the opportunity to show their potential , players like Colin O Brien, Sean Twomey to name just two I am sure would love a chance to play, James Keating another, Liam O Shea yet another.
I am sure others would throw up lots of interesting names.
Sweeney from the Barrs, James O Flynn .

This is a pre season competition, you are not really trying to compete with Limerick first team in this competition.
Since the 2017 under 21 Munster hurling final we have competed every year in All Ireland finals in under 21/20 and also a couple of times in minor finals.

There are plenty of these lads not on the senior hurling panel but could still make the grade, where will they get the opportunity to show their potential , players like Colin O Brien, Sean Twomey to name just two I am sure would love a chance to play, James Keating another, Liam O Shea yet another.
I not even talking about competing, where is the benefit to players of being massacred?
Seriously, Sean Twomey is still involved with his club and hopefully they will at least win out Munster, do you want him to have any time off? Flogging amateur players in a joke.

I not even talking about competing, where is the benefit to players of being massacred?
Seriously, Sean Twomey is still involved with his club and hopefully they will at least win out Munster, do you want him to have any time off? Flogging amateur players in a joke.
Sean Twomey is just one name and in any event I doubt that Limerick or any of the teams involved will use their more established players in this competition.
If they do then it doesn't bode well for the talent they have coming through to replace their current team.

Sean Twomey is just one name and in any event I doubt that Limerick or any of the teams involved will use their more established players in this competition.
If they do then it doesn't bode well for the talent they have coming through to replace their current team.
Yes and it was just one example that I gave and I think he still playing with Mary I this year. Did you see the team that Limerick played against Cork in 2020, you think Kiely is going to have a change of attitude this year when he picks it? Most of the teams would probably play it missing maybe 7 or 8 at best of their first panel we will be without 30?

Do you mean Sweeney from Sars? Or is there a Sweeney with the Barrs also?

Spot on
We couldn’t compete with them In an all ireland fina, ah but that’s ok, give the team a month off before we put them back out again for another year 🙄

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼