cork airport to go (temporarily) BANG!

Mickey wanted to run the old terminal don’t see any problem in competing terminals in an airport. Happens everywhere.

The winner is the consumer.
Yea right, Cork airport is too small and Ryanair is too big.

It would not work, no other airliner would operate routes to anywhere except for maybe Aer Lingus to Heathrow.
Then we would have Ryanair having Cork airport over a barrell, with them deciding what they will pay for landing and parking fees.

Yea right, Cork airport is too small and Ryanair is too big.

It would not work, no other airliner would operate routes to anywhere except for maybe Aer Lingus to Heathrow.
Then we would have Ryanair having Cork airport over a barrell, with them deciding what they will pay for landing and parking fees.
I don’t think whatever Terminal Ryanair operate out of it bothers Lufthansa, Swiss or Air France KLM.

Plenty of people shun Ryanair as many of their Airports Are still Remote outposts or just shitty customer service. There is a market for both business models still.

I don’t think whatever Terminal Ryanair operate out of it bothers Lufthansa, Swiss or Air France KLM.

Plenty of people shun Ryanair as many of their Airports Are still Remote outposts or just shitty customer service. There is a market for both business models still.
I am sure you are correct.
It is bums on seats and numbers is what these airliners are most concerned about.
Terminals are buildings at airports, the airport is the same place.
We don't have the passenger numbers at Cork for airliners to be bothered competing with Ryanair, the exception of course is London which has a huge percentage of the passengers at Cork.
I cannot see a situation where Lufthansa, Swiss or Air France KLM would operate a route out of Cork if Ryanair were operating in direct competition to them to an alternative destination 20 kms out the road from the major one.

It is bums on seats and numbers is what these airliners are most concerned about.
We don't have the passenger numbers at Cork for airliners to be bothered competing with Ryanair, the exception of course is London which has a huge percentage of the passengers at Cork.
I cannot see a situation where Lufthansa, Swiss or Air France KLM would operate a route out of Cork if Ryanair were operating in direct competition to them to an alternative destination 20 kms out the road from the major one.
I think it would very much depend on price and cost put by the traveler on their time and convenience.

This has already happened/ EasyJet launched flights from Cork in direct competition to Ryanair.
It didn’t end well.

I think it would very much depend on price and cost put by the traveler on their time and convenience.
It’s not a one size fits all approach. If you take Memmingen in Germany that is a good base for Ryanair between Zurich and Munich, it attracts a certain type of client there who is happy checking into a reconditioned military airport. No frills get what you pay for in the ass arse of nowhere.

Besides Mario Götze coming from Memmingen nothing to see there.

It’s not going to negatively affect the business of Swiss Zurich flight to Cork or Aer Lingus/Lufthansa Munich -Dublin.Horses for courses.

Ryanair serve a certain corner of the market that doesn’t appeal to everyone be it Economical or Geographical.The adage that they kill competition is a nonsense, they are just better at the no frills businesses than others.

Not everyone drives a Merc, some drive a Dacia.

I prefer to pay Lufthansa a few quid extra than Mickeys bus.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

4th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Gemma Hayes

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼