The mica issue

What?????????? Run for the hills? WTAF are you on about?????

I remember the 12 cycling bollards being given as a having cost 3K. That is a fact. It was repeated on 96FM news bulletins a few times at the time. You posted some article subsequently that gave a different amount. But that doesn't take one whit from what was reported on 96FM and your attempt at rewriting the history of what actually happened sums you up.

As always that is the problem, you remembering, every news paper report and radio report said 24 including the one I posted which was from 96FM, where you "heard" it, funny that. You are a bullshitter plan and simple.

As RTE keep records and I should be able to find it if they do as it happened in the last week, do you want a charitable bet on whether or not the spokesman for the Mica campaigners said on RTE's Morning Ireland (I know you think that's not a good show despite it being the most widely listened to radio program in the country) that despite knowing that blocks from a particular quarry had issues regarding mica they continued to source blocks from there. Say 20 Euro. I'll nominate Marymount Hospice and you can nominate any charity you like.
Ah the bet again, you really are a parody. Why would I have a wager with someone anonymous on the internet, particularly someone that doesn't lie straight in bed.
Post the article where the council were buying blocks as you claimed.

Last edited:
Here Earl
I'll save you 20€ of your dole

Article on 1:47:00 and subsequently

Pay particular attention to what their spokesman Michael Doherty says beginning on 1:47:40
I did listen to him, he never said anything about buying blocks from them, d'oh. He says they were buying from them as of course anyone with a brain would know that councils buy stone, sand from quarries for road repairs etc. They don't buy blocks, builders do as you were told by me and Stacky.
I'm absolutely scarlet that you ran with this one because of something again you "thought" you heard again.
Now, go search for where the councils were buying blocks for the quarry. Why would the councils be even be buying blocks directly from a quarry, they don't build anything.

This is like the time Volunteer Sound_y was giving out about the Government building all these new office blocks in Cork.....................

He was having the usual right old moan (Tis' all da gubbermints fawlt") until it was pointed out to him that the Government were not building any new office blocks in Cork as only private developer's were doing so.

This is like the time Volunteer Sound_y was giving out about the Government building all these new office blocks in Cork.....................

He was having the usual right old moan (Tis' all da gubbermints fawlt") until it was pointed out to him that the Government were not building any new office blocks in Cork as only private developer's were doing so.
When did I ever say that the government built the new office blocks Stacey? :oops:
Can you provide a link?

When did I ever say that the government built the new office blocks Stacey? :oops:
Can you provide a link?
A couple of years ago when the Navigation House office scheme was going in for planning permission.

Anyhoo why would the Council be buying concrete blocks?

Sound_y?

I did listen to him, he never said anything about buying blocks from them, d'oh. He says they were buying from them as of course anyone with a brain would know that councils buy stone, sand from quarries for road repairs etc. They don't buy blocks, builders do as you were told by me and Stacky.
I'm absolutely scarlet that you ran with this one because of something again you "thought" you heard again.
Now, go search for where the councils were buying blocks for the quarry. Why would the councils be even be buying blocks directly from a quarry, they don't build anything.
Do you think that the local councils buying material even up to this year (until the campaigners blockaded them) from those self same quarries doesn't merit any investigation Earl? Don't you think it a bit suss that a company sells all these defective building materials causing billions worth of damage to houses in the area that will have to be compensated out of the public purse and then winds up trading, only for trading under a different company name from the same quarry subsequently to the council.

Even aside from the disaster of mica houses needing to be rebuilt at considerable expense to the exchequer don't you think there is something fishy about all of this behind the scenes? Why was publicly funded business continued with a quarry known to have had such serious issues and have been the cause of such a strain on the public purse

The DUP in the North now want some of the redress money directed to NI citizens who have second homes in Donegal that are caught up in the Mica issue.
They do know its Euro right, that their is no picture of the queen on any of the notes?
Disgusting bigots, first to abuse anything tied to the Republic of Ireland except when they want money. Hypocrites.

A couple of years ago when the Navigation House office scheme was going in for planning permission.

Anyhoo why would the Council be buying concrete blocks?

Sound_y?
So no link then? Right

Council's build all sorts of structures Stacey, some of which would require blocks. Do you think dry stone walls are all still all the rage in the north west?

Council's build all sorts of structures Stacey, some of which would require blocks.
Registered and compliant builders build houses etc on behalf of the Council via an open tender process. (You see these advertisements in the national newspapers etc)

The builders buy all the building materials for the project as per their contract and then invoice the Council at the completion of the project.

Why are the Council also buying blocks ?

Sound_y?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

29th Apr 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Frankie Boyle: Lap of Shame

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼