2021 County Senior Football Championship

Red and blue berthed in moks
For the week 😀

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations, Clon were well drilled and really gave us a fright but when the chips were down our fellas stood up and were counted, can’t ask for much more than that

35 times now we have tasted Senior glory, here’s to the next 35 ðŸ†

He’s up against the best full back in the county in Thomas Clancy and one of the most defensive teams around. If he produces today then there can be no question whatsoever about giving him an extended run in the Cork XV.
We have rechristened Stephen “The Postmanâ€
He always delivers

Clancy had him well marshalled today but when the chips were down the postman delivered

Last edited:
Have to agree with most as regards the ref biased though i might be i thought he gave Clon a few very soft frees and while i agree the free for Sherlocks 2nd last point was soft it was as a lot of refs do payback for a free out he should have given for a foul on a barrs back prior to clons 2nd last point.
As for the game itself it was much as i expected having seen them play earlier. McGuire outstanding and Hayes for the barrs and S Whyte Clon excellent as well.
Special word of praise for M Shields who steadied our ship when he came on,a great club servant.
B Hennessy for the cork footballers,now that will annoy someone.
Billy is going nowhere 😀

I would have to agree on the Barrs frees. The equaliser was never a free, the sub threw himself to the floor and the free against Clon after that for overcarrying in the Barrs defence was very very soft. Sherlock hit the winner from that possession.

That being said slightly better team won but Clon almost completed the perfect game plan. Nullified Sherlock and with a bit of luck could have taken it. Short 1 more quality forward.

The Barrs should give Munster a go. Kerry is as weak as it has been for a long time.
Lads ye can moan all ye want, the ref was as bad for both teams, gave Clon a point late on when there was a blatant push under a high ball in front of the two umpires. Pulled a barrs player for picking the ball off the ground twice in the second half when he clearly didn’t. Swings and roundabouts

As a neutral who was vaguely rooting for Clon, I don't feel the ref affected the outcome. His decisions on when to let the game go on and when to blow it up seemed almost random and both sides can have equal complaint about it.

Clon now probably in a similar frame to how this same Barrs teams was when they lost to Nemo in the final a few years back.

Not there yet but the potential is there.

Congrats to the Barrs ,here's hoping they can make some noise for Cork in Munster and beyond.

We have rechristened Stephen “The Postmanâ€
He always delivers

Clancy had him well marshalled today but when the chips were down the postman delivered
No doubt Sherlock produced yet again for the Barrs but I saw nothing yesterday to suggest he can excel in a red jersey. His shooting is brilliant, that’s never been the question, his lack of pace and ball winning ability is what has stopped him producing at inter county level.

He’ll get a run with Cork now though, and it’s well deserved, we’ve wasted enough time with the likes of Luke Connolly, Sherlock can be no worse than him.

Would love to see Billy Hennessy try his hand at the football, looked like a really tight and aggressive corner back, all the attributes required.

As a neutral who was vaguely rooting for Clon, I don't feel the ref affected the outcome. His decisions on when to let the game go on and when to blow it up seemed almost random and both sides can have equal complaint about it.

Clon now probably in a similar frame to how this same Barrs teams was when they lost to Nemo in the final a few years back.

Not there yet but the potential is there.

Congrats to the Barrs ,here's hoping they can make some noise for Cork in Munster and beyond.
After their last embarrassing debacle, anything would be an improvement ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼