Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cormac Beausang is a different player to Alan Cadogan or Brian Turnbull. More aggressive than Turnbull and not near as often on the ground as Alan Cadogan, also more versatile than both. Shane Kingston doesn't have it for 70 minutes and he still contributes to Cork like Alan Cadogan did once upon a time so players such as Cormac Beausang and Simon Kennefick are well worth a go in a Cork jersey.

The question will now be asked, does Lehane come back onto panel.
I'd be 100% yes, the way he played today was exceptional. This year may give him back the confidence he needs
Worst that happens is it doesn't work and so what if it doesn't, just try it. Everything is worth a shot.
Now he may be happy enough just playing away club and enjoying his hurling so it could be a non runner anyway regardless

The question will now be asked, does Lehane come back onto panel.
I'd be 100% yes, the way he played today was exceptional. This year may give him back the confidence he needs
Worst that happens is it doesn't work and so what if it doesn't, just try it. Everything is worth a shot.
Now he may be happy enough just playing away club and enjoying his hurling so it could be a non runner anyway regardless
I'd give him the preseason competition provided Midleton don't go very far in the Munster/All Ireland season and see what kind of mood he's in. Theres a lot of exciting u20s coming through who deserve a chance to get used to senior hurling. Lehane unfortunately I'm afraid has had more than his fair share of chances and for whatever reason we've only seen glimpses of what he does with Midleton.

I'd give him the preseason competition provided Midleton don't go very far in the Munster/All Ireland season and see what kind of mood he's in. Theres a lot of exciting u20s coming through who deserve a chance to get used to senior hurling. Lehane unfortunately I'm afraid has had more than his fair share of chances and for whatever reason we've only seen glimpses of what he does with Midleton.
For as long as can remember Lehane has been producing performances like yesterday for Midleton with maybe the odd blip aside. My issue with him playing with Cork is workrate, the same issue I have with Hoggy. Can you carry both of them if the workrate isn’t there from either, no doubting the absolute skill of both when on the ball.

to me its as simple as is Lehane one of the best 30-40 hurlers in cork ?? and the answer is absolutely YES , he is in the top 5 probably. Yes he has been inconsistent for cork but can you honestly tell me Liam Sheedy would give up on that talent and not find a role to incorporate him into the team .( see bubbles , callinan etc) . What does shane kingston , alan cadogan , hoggie and many more bring to the work rate stakes more than conor that justified leaving him out ?? Bar Hoggie he is a superior forward to everyone else.

to me its as simple as is Lehane one of the best 30-40 hurlers in cork ?? and the answer is absolutely YES , he is in the top 5 probably. Yes he has been inconsistent for cork but can you honestly tell me Liam Sheedy would give up on that talent and not find a role to incorporate him into the team .( see bubbles , callinan etc) . What does shane kingston , alan cadogan , hoggie and many more bring to the work rate stakes more than conor that justified leaving him out ?? Bar Hoggie he is a superior forward to everyone else.
Do you think that if Liam Sheedy was manager of Cork, Lehane would have been as inconsistent as he was? Who knows the thinking behind the Cork management maybe they decided just to give him a year out. I remember seeing What'sAp pictures going around of Lehane at the start of the year and he had seriously trimmed down and looked fitter than I have ever seen him and just thought to myself, why did he wait till he was dropped to do it. I agree with you that he is in the top 5 hurlers in the County on club form definitely.

Whilst Lehane is a fantastic hurler, I don’t think he would do for Cork going forward.

Whilst he is fit, he has lost that burst of speed in a big way. Speed of thought and his hurling is still top level, but when the legs start to go it can be tough to compete at inter county stage.

Hoggy would differ to Lehane in the fact that he never had pace, was never an asset for him. And being the hurler he is inside, he gets away with it. Lehane has played his best hurling at half forward for club and county. The way the game has gone I couldn’t see him stepping up to that level again, despite how much Twitter/papers talk him up.

Would be happy to be proven wrong though! A wonderful hurler and a massive performance yesterday by him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Gong Show

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼