The Official Celtic Thread

The tennis balls were because of the rumoured appointment of an Assistant Chief Constable to the role of Celtic's security and safety
Yeah, but I thought it was a stupid thing to do and could have adversely affected our players. Throw them on before the game kicked off would have made the same "point". But throwing them on after the game had kicked off was stupid imho

RTE reporting that Aston Villa and The Rangers have agreed terms on the transfer of Slippy G (and Villa fans had better hope McAlister et al as well).

I think this has potential to being a leg up for them :-( - certainly financially after yet another disastrous financial season where yet again they've had season losses over 20M, and were having 8 figure losses long before and up to Covid too.

EPL clubs have HUGE money to throw at anything so it's likely Gerrard et al will go to Villa and a high 7 or even 8 figure sum will go, and there are likely to be further signings from The Rangers down to the bloated moneyball league which alas means that mob will have much more money to buy better value players come January.

As Ange says we can only control what goes on in our own club but fingers crossed our board won't stand idly by in the January window.

Timing of the transfer, which presumably will go ahead, is interesting. He'll be in place a month or so before the window opens so he'll see first hand what needs to be done at Villa and who he needs to bring down from Scotland.

RTE reporting that Aston Villa and The Rangers have agreed terms on the transfer of Slippy G (and Villa fans had better hope McAlister et al as well).

I think this has potential to being a leg up for them :-( - certainly financially after yet another disastrous financial season where yet again they've had season losses over 20M, and were having 8 figure losses long before and up to Covid too.

EPL clubs have HUGE money to throw at anything so it's likely Gerrard et al will go to Villa and a high 7 or even 8 figure sum will go, and there are likely to be further signings from The Rangers down to the bloated moneyball league which alas means that mob will have much more money to buy better value players come January.

As Ange says we can only control what goes on in our own club but fingers crossed our board won't stand idly by in the January window.

Timing of the transfer, which presumably will go ahead, is interesting. He'll be in place a month or so before the window opens so he'll see first hand what needs to be done at Villa and who he needs to bring down from Scotland.
Would Rangers have any players who would improve Villa? not a dig at scottish football just a genuine question,

Would Rangers have any players who would improve Villa? not a dig at scottish football just a genuine question,
Morelos is a decent striker but would run foul of the authorities down there. He'd be a magnet for red cards I think. He certainly wouldn't get away with what he's gotten away with in Scotland.
They've a very good left back Barosich? who is Croation international LB I think. They picked up an absolute bargain for a reputed 50K from Dundee in Kamara, not the fastest but very clever on the ball. International for Finland.
Think Kent is a decent player on form too. And depending what formation Villa play James Tavernier could do as a right wingback - but way too loose imho as a right back. Talk of Haji (son of Georgie) and Aribo too but I've not seen much of them tbh.

The rest of their team seems to be former good EPL players who are entering the twilight of their career like Davis, McGregor, and Defoe so probably wouldn't command a big fee, even from an EPL team.

Wrong thread

Wrong thread
Couldn't be arsed trawling through for the Tribute Act thread to be honest. And I think it does have a material affect on how we will do this season. It will be a financial boon to our main rivals for domestic success. Time will tell whether or not it'll adversely affect their team's performance. TBH I was hoping he'd have stayed as I don't rate him much as a manager. One trophy in Nine despite outspending their opponents says a lot imho.

Couldn't be arsed trawling through for the Tribute Act thread to be honest. And I think it does have a material affect on how we will do this season. It will be a financial boon to our main rivals for domestic success. Time will tell whether or not it'll adversely affect their team's performance. TBH I was hoping he'd have stayed as I don't rate him much as a manager. One trophy in Nine despite outspending their opponents says a lot imho.
Just type "Rangers" into search function. Takes about 10 seconds. This is the SF, not SVH, there's standards to upkeep.

Morelos is a decent striker but would run foul of the authorities down there. He'd be a magnet for red cards I think. He certainly wouldn't get away with what he's gotten away with in Scotland.
They've a very good left back Barosich? who is Croation international LB I think. They picked up an absolute bargain for a reputed 50K from Dundee in Kamara, not the fastest but very clever on the ball. International for Finland.
Think Kent is a decent player on form too. And depending what formation Villa play James Tavernier could do as a right wingback - but way too loose imho as a right back. Talk of Haji (son of Georgie) and Aribo too but I've not seen much of them tbh.

The rest of their team seems to be former good EPL players who are entering the twilight of their career like Davis, McGregor, and Defoe so probably wouldn't command a big fee, even from an EPL team.
Bielsa has been tracking Kent for a few years,

A few days ago McAllister was favourite to succeed Gerrard but looks like himself and Beale will go to Villa with him.

Gio van Bronkhorst is new favourite. He recently managed in China.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼