Official NFL Thread 2021/2022

If he plays well against the Colts, you have to keep him in there. Go with the hot hand.

Now I think Cincinnati, as you say, probably over-looked the Jets today.

The Jets had nothing to lose today, ten point dogs at home, back up QB, the Jets OC finally decided to go aggressive with his play-calling. It worked, but teams now have film on White. The odds on an 26 year old journey-man delivering week in and week out are slim, but we can enjoy this one.
Shez
Was thinking of your nerves last few minutes but Jets were really impressive on defense also. Bengals handed the Ravens one at home last week so I would not play down this performance.
Yeah 26 a bit old for let’s call a rookie but he was excellent and brought an energy Flacco can’t .
Some great play calling also imo and I enjoyed it and sorry R Rebel 👍 but as a Raven I enjoyed that after the ass whopping ye gave us last week

Shez
Was thinking of your nerves last few minutes but Jets were really impressive on defense also. Bengals handed the Ravens one at home last week so I would not play down this performance.
Yeah 26 a bit old for let’s call a rookie but he was excellent and brought an energy Flacco can’t .
Some great play calling also imo and I enjoyed it and sorry R Rebel 👍 but as a Raven I enjoyed that after the ass whopping ye gave us last week

I enjoyed it, but not as much as I would have if it was Wilson out there, throwing for 400 yards. White is a cute story-line, but it's unlikely he can sustain it. Wilson is the future. It might do Zach no harm to take a step back and observe from the sideline for a while.

Without playing, it was a good weekend for the Ravens. Bengals and Browns both lose. Steelers won, but Big Ben is a shadow of himself.

Watched the Chargers Patriots later. Disappointed in LA, who have a ton of talent but they always seem to come up short in big games. The AFC looks very open this year. New England will feel like they have a shot.

The NFC looks far stronger. I'd have the Rams (just traded for Von Miller), Packers, Buccs, Cowboys and Cardinals ahead of any AFC team currently. But as always things can change fast in the NFL.

Nelly, Broncos trade Miller to the Rams for a 2022 2nd and 3rd. Having to pay his salary stings but think that is a solid move for Denver, who need trade ammo to compete for QBs next year (or tomorrow, trade deadline day).

Nelly, Broncos trade Miller to the Rams for a 2022 2nd and 3rd. Having to pay his salary stings but think that is a solid move for Denver, who need trade ammo to compete for QBs next year (or tomorrow, trade deadline day).
I just read that earlier, great player, he’s wanted out for a while apparently. They better not drop the ball now. I’d bought a jersey with his name on it for the London games, it was too big so I returned it, hadn’t picked up a new one yet but I’ll put the brakes on that now!

Manning went into the broncos HoF yesterday too, disappointing crowd for it but understandable given the season so far.

Traded away a hof pass rusher, retained salary and didn't even get a 1st rounder, even if he might be past his prime, 4.5 sacks in 6 games is a good clip.

The extra picks are nice but it's a poignant moment considering he's the last major link with the SB team (the punter and kicker are still there)

Shez

I can't blame you for enjoying it tbh😂Ravens definitely the big winners after this week with the Bengals and Browns losing while ye are on your bye.

I enjoyed it, but not as much as I would have if it was Wilson out there, throwing for 400 yards. White is a cute story-line, but it's unlikely he can sustain it. Wilson is the future. It might do Zach no harm to take a step back and observe from the sideline for a while.

Without playing, it was a good weekend for the Ravens. Bengals and Browns both lose. Steelers won, but Big Ben is a shadow of himself.

Watched the Chargers Patriots later. Disappointed in LA, who have a ton of talent but they always seem to come up short in big games. The AFC looks very open this year. New England will feel like they have a shot.

The NFC looks far stronger. I'd have the Rams (just traded for Von Miller), Packers, Buccs, Cowboys and Cardinals ahead of any AFC team currently. But as always things can change fast in the NFL.

That's a fairly good summary tbh. I'd say Rams, Bucs, Cowboys, Cards and Packers all virtually guaranteed for the playoffs. Before yesterday I'd have said Vikings and Saints eaisly enough aswell but the Winston injury could be disastrous for them.

In the AFC the Bills and Titans should win their respective divisions easily. I'd expect the Ravens to either win the North or get one of the wildcard spots aswell. Bengals, Chargers, Pats, Browns, Raiders all in a dogfight for the other spots. Colts, Steelers and Chiefs could all make a run too, but if the Chiefs lose tonight I can't see a way they get in.

Titans have lost Henry for the year, they might have a big enough division lead but if he can't make it back for the playoffs the afc is a toss-up for Buffalo and Baltimore.

Whatever magic Mahomes had for the start of his career seems to be missing this year, even with beating the Giants they didn't look impressive.

The Raiders #1 WR Ruggs has been arrested for drunk/drug driving resulting in a death

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Monster (12A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Dan O Keeffe

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼