the wine thread

Goru.jpg

I found a few red wines from Italy that I liked thanks to the PRoC's own Pepe.

An exploratory mission without leaving the city limits. Went out an a limb and bought this Spanish red. Excellent.

I found a few red wines from Italy that I liked thanks to the PRoC's own Pepe.

An exploratory mission without leaving the city limits. Went out an a limb and bought this Spanish red. Excellent.

Jumilla is an interesting spot, theres a fair parallel between that wine and the primitivos from Italy.. seems you enjoy the beefy ones? I'd have thought the opposite with the French wines

I had a friend round Sat night for some grub and decided theres no point looking at it so busted out a pair of 2000 Super Tuscans. Very nice indeed
Yesterday was a white in the sunshine which is unusual round mine. Starting to develop more of an appreciation for the whites but only touching the surface of it all at this stage. I had a few unfiltered Italian ones recently which is a different ball game again

Jumilla is an interesting spot, theres a fair parallel between that wine and the primitivos from Italy.. seems you enjoy the beefy ones? I'd have thought the opposite with the French wines

Most of the French reds that I drink are supercharged as well - in my very uneducated opinion anyway.

The Bordeaux, Bergeracs, Côtes du Rhône and St. Emilion are heavy hitters.

Very rarely is a bottle below 14% ABV - plenty of weight with a full on grip.

Most of the French reds that I drink are supercharged as well - in my very uneducated opinion anyway.

ah yeah, its not that the French wines are lacking power. I'd find the jumilla and primitivos have the fruit at the fore generally - nearly purple in the glass at times

St. Emilion is a lovely spot.

Did a few vineyard tours there.

Would recommend.

I need to get on some of those wines, thats the pair of ye loving them

15%, no messin :)

Drank a whole bottle to myself the Friday before last - lovely buzz - woke up ready to rock n' roll at 7:30AM the next day.

If I tried that after a few pale ales, I'd be struck down with the fear at around 9 in the morning.

In other words - I recommend them. The Roccamora is savage and only about €13 a bottle currently in CW.

What was that wine site you lads use? Is it worth it? I can find the Schola Sarmenti stuff online but, by the time I factor in the shipping, it hardly seems to merit the effort. I really like the lads in Curious Wines too so it would have to be an unreal saving.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
All You Need Is Death (16)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

24th Apr 2024 @ 8:15 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼