Bus Eireann.

Jeez, I knew Train Spotting was a thing - now it seems so is Bus Spotting - at least in one person's attic anyway.

I personally love travelling long bus journeys. I hate city buses but I love nothing more than hopping on an Expressway service and watching the countryside go by. Trains are great but you just see stations. Buses bring you through towns and villages you've never heard of.

My longest ever bus journey was 16 hours. Chisinau to Lviv, in July, with no aircon.

Glad I did it but not a fuckin hope would I do anything like that again.

The latest so;

VWD 42 and 43 will be Capwell bound this weekend after spending their summer holidays providing extra capacity on the Waterford/ Tramore route the 360.

As and from September 4th the X8 Expressway route will definitely be no more :

The National Transport Authority (NTA) is pleased to confirm that from Sunday 5 September 2021, a new Public Service Obligation (PSO) route will operate between Cork and Dublin, serving Fermoy, Mitchelstown, Cahir and Cashel. This route, 245X, will offer four services per day between Cork and Dublin, and will initially be operated by Bus Éireann, supported by funding from the NTA.

The Transport for Ireland route is being introduced following the cessation of Expressway route X8, with its final service operating on Saturday, 4 September 2021. After the announcement of Expressway’s intention to exit Route X8, the NTA carried out a detailed review and assessment of transport connectivity. This identified and supported the need for maintaining a link between Dublin and Cork, particularly for communities in Tipperary.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/...new-public-service-obligation-pso-route-245x/

I personally love travelling long bus journeys. I hate city buses but I love nothing more than hopping on an Expressway service and watching the countryside go by. Trains are great but you just see stations. Buses bring you through towns and villages you've never heard of.

My longest ever bus journey was 16 hours. Chisinau to Lviv, in July, with no aircon.

Glad I did it but not a fuckin hope would I do anything like that again.

16 hours, July.....Moldova to Ukraine....she must have been well worth it :D

I did a few / long interesting ones in Thailand too.

The customer service was amazing.

B

_38079040_carryon_ken150.jpg

16 hours, July.....Moldova to Ukraine....she must have been well worth it :D

I was interrailing, but once you get to the former USSR the rail system goes to absolute shit, so bus is the only half decent way to travel.

That particular journey was absolutely horrific. Everyone has to get off the bus at the Ukraine border in the middle of the night and open their bags for armed border police. I had an Agatha Christie book with a noose on the cover, and the lads went through nearly every page as if I was hiding something inside.

Good times, but give me the 226 to Kinsale any day now.

I was interrailing, but once you get to the former USSR the rail system goes to absolute shit, so bus is the only half decent way to travel.

That particular journey was absolutely horrific. Everyone has to get off the bus at the Ukraine border in the middle of the night and open their bags for armed border police. I had an Agatha Christie book with a noose on the cover, and the lads went through nearly every page as if I was hiding something inside.

Good times, but give me the 226 to Kinsale any day now.

Interrailing on a bus. Sounds like the €9 meal thing last year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT

Elsewhere - A New Opera by Michael Gallen

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼