Disabled Parking

Would you ever confronted someone who you saw park in on the only disabled spot left in the car park, hop out of the car together with his partner and off out the Lee Fields for a walk or would you do what I did ignore it..

Would you ever confronted someone who you saw park in on the only disabled spot left in the car park, hop out of the car together with his partner and off out the Lee Fields for a walk or would you do what I did ignore it..

unfortunately it’s never as black and white as that. my sister is a wheelchair user. my mother parked in the disabled spot when she used to collect her from school. the parking space was about 100m away. most people in the town knew that was the case but the odd person would have a go at my mother not knowing the whole story.

another day a delivery van was parked in the spot and my mother called the fella out for it. he starting throwing abuse at her saying she looked fairly able bodied herself.

there’s some proper cunts out there.

maybe the crowd down the lee fields were picking up a wheelchair user but it does no harm to give a friendly reminder.

Disabilities aren't always visible.

I remember that FF MEP from West Cork Brian Crowleey saying that some guy challenged him for parking in a disabled spot and was mortified when he emerged using a wheel-chair. But BC said he sincerely thanked the guy because he was being vigilant on behalf of disabled people and to keep it up.

Just give a quick sconce for the badge on the dashboard before you do anything. It’s the vehicle that’s entitled to park there, not the person. If they have no badge then they don’t have a leg to stand on, wait...what? No, somethings wrong there reading that back...

Disabilities aren't always visible.

I remember that FF MEP from West Cork Brian Crowleey saying that some guy challenged him for parking in a disabled spot and was mortified when he emerged using a wheel-chair. But BC said he sincerely thanked the guy because he was being vigilant on behalf of disabled people and to keep it up.

So some guy challenged him before he even got out of the car? :confused:

I wonder does this person think disabled people should have only one eye and half a head or what?

At least wait until he gets out and challenge him when he starts to jog towards the shop :D

They came back without the wheelchair but the annoying thing to me was it was the only parking space available of any kind and they said fuckit we will use it, pure ignorance in my mind.

I wonder does this person think disabled people should have only one eye and half a head or what?

At least wait until he gets out and challenge him when he starts to jog towards the shop :D

Yup. And Crowley said he was appreciative that he did.

And some people with disablements don't have issues that are instantly visible either.

I wonder was Brian Crowley driving a Merc or something like that?

If so perhaps a scumbag with a chip on his shoulder saw it as an opportunity to have a" go off some fella who thinks he is important.....like "

I wonder was Brian Crowley driving a Merc or something like that?

If so perhaps a scumbag with a chip on his shoulder saw it as an opportunity to have a" go off some fella who thinks he is important.....like "

Crowley didn't see him as a scumbag at all, just some genuine punter trying to make sure that disabled spaces are only used by people entitled to use them. But then again you see 2M people living north of an arbitrary line on this island as scum so it's interesting to note your "thought" process :roll:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

21st Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Love Buzz

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼