Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

Yeah, meanwhile the planet is burning.

A reckoning is coming pal and it's going to sweep you away.

And I’m all for doing something about it. But do something meaningful that will actually make a difference.

Invent better technology.

Move to electric cars.

Build better public transport so that using it becomes viable.

More recycling, plant more trees, move to nuclear power etc etc etc.

But seven euro parking fees and banning drive through a.

Gimme a fucking break. If that’s the extent of your imagination step aside. As one astute text said, people will just shop in surburbia where parking is free. As a lot do already.

Okay then, let’s all go back to a pre industrial agrarian society. That drastic enough?

Because that’s what it seems they want. Then how are we going to produce enough energy and food to provide for eight billion people?

Yeah, we’ll tax them to go to town.

That my friend, is a bullshit policy that won’t work and just gets up people’s noses.

Firstly, let me apologise for my most unparliamentary language, that wasn't on.

Equating high parking costs with advocating for a pre-agrarian society is a bit hyperbolic. We need to stop vehicles being used in cities unless utterly, completely unavoidable. It should be the very last resort and it should cost way more than the cost to the planet.

To be honest, I think cars effectively need to become a thing of the past, at least in urban areas.

Firstly, let me apologise for my most unparliamentary language, that wasn't on.

Equating high parking costs with advocating for a pre-agrarian society is a bit hyperbolic. We need to stop vehicles being used in cities unless utterly, completely unavoidable. It should be the very last resort and it should cost way more than the cost to the planet.

To be honest, I think cars effectively need to become a thing of the past, at least in urban areas.

Heh heh heh.

No bother, I have rhino hide.

And I’m all for doing something about it. But do something meaningful that will actually make a difference.

Move to electric cars.

Gimme a fucking break. If that’s the extent of your imagination step aside. As one astute text said, people will just shop in surburbia where parking is free. As a lot do already.

Electric cars aren't really the answer. People think that we can just ditch the internal combustion engine and do the exact same thing we've been doing all along, but with batteries. Not going to happen. We could replace the entire Swedish car fleet with EVs, with current and known lithium resources. That's it, Sweden.

It would take at least 20 years to get production for lithium, or any potential replacement, up to the level we need. We don't have 20 years. We have now. Everything that can be done to reduce vehicle use must be done.

Move to electric cars.

The Greens aren't politically astute, they crashed and burned before and may well do so again, but they are preferable to gombeen men like the Healy Raes who will tell you that God controls the weather.

There's loads that can be done on an individual level, you don't have to go around wearing sack cloth and ashes.

image1-1.jpeg

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4611537/calls-reintroduce-wolves-ireland-blast/

First of October this story was out.

Cork Nth Central byelection tomorrow, Ollie Moran is going to pull more votes than two faced Tommy.

iu
That one aged well :ROFLMAO:

Ollie who?

Meanwhile, in the wake of the various parties tripping over themselves regarding doing right by women in modern society we have:

Taoiseach still hasn’t responded to TD’s chat app scandal​

Minister has pledged zero tolerance of ALL violence against women, yet...​

img

TAOISEACH Micheál Martin and An Tanaiste Leo Varadker ignored a letter from a woman who was subjected to misogynistic abuse in a WhatsApp group set up by Green Party TD Brian Leddin.
Their failure to respond contrasts with EU President Ursula von der Leyen response to the woman through a spokesman, saying it ‘saddens’ her ‘to hear about the gender-based online targeting you have endured’.
Justice Minister Helen McEntee is to spearhead a new drive to tackle all forms of abuse against women in the wake of the killing of Ashling Murphy.
Last weekend, Ms McEntee promised to ‘eradicate social and cultural attitudes – among men – that contribute to women feeling unsafe.’
She said: ‘That means appropriate education, from primary school up, on healthy relationships, gender equality and consent. It means changing our culture so we are not bystanders, but call out inappropriate behaviour when we see it – in the workplace, in the pub, in the WhatsApp group.’
Ms McEntee was on maternity leave during the controversy which meant she has never before been asked to address the matter directly.
When the Irish Mail on Sunday asked her to address the failure of the Government parties to sanction Mr Leddin, a spokesman said she believes ‘it is important that all of us together learn that we must challenge attitudes which can be undermining and damaging to women and Mr Leddin has said he should have challenged such comments and regrets not doing so’.
‘The Dáil should lead by example’
The spokesman added: ‘Minister McEntee believes that there is no place for such misogynistic and demeaning language in any discourse and that it must be called out everywhere, including WhatsApp groups.’
We asked Ms McEntee to address the failure of many male TDs – including the Taoiseach and the Tánaiste – to show the kind of leadership she is now calling for.
‘The Taoiseach, Tánaiste and others have said that men have a lead role in bringing about the necessary cultural change to achieve zero tolerance of violence and abuse against women. The Minister believes there is a responsibility on those in public life to take action to demonstrate a zero-tolerance approach,’ her spokesman added.
Yesterday, a spokesman for Tánaiste Leo Varadkar addressed the Leddin scandal for the first time. He said: ‘The Tánaiste fully backs Minister McEntee’s plans to shortly publish an updated strategy based on prevention, protection, prosecution and policy co-ordination which will take a zero tolerance approach to violence against women. She will publish a detailed action plan outlining the exact measures to be undertaken across Government and State agencies and clear timelines for when these actions will be completed.’
But he didn’t answer direct questions as to why he did not respond to the woman.
Mr Martin also did not respond to a letter sent last September from the woman targeted in the WhatsApp group set up by Mr Leddin. Similarly, he did not respond when asked by this newspaper to address the woman’s concerns this week.
A spokesman for Green Party leader Eamon Ryan this week said: ‘Minister Ryan fully supports Minister McEntee in developing a new strategy on domestic, sexual and
gender-based violence, which will have input from across government. He is pleased to see that it will be underpinned by clear actions, timelines, clear accountability mechanisms, and will be properly resourced.’
The belated
responses contrast to how the EU Commission addressed the matter when the woman – a respected Limerick-based professional – wrote directly to Ms von der Leyen. She referred the matter to the head of the Commission’s gender equality unit, Karen Vandekerckhove, who responded before Christmas.
‘It saddens me to hear about the gender-based online targeting you have endured,’ Ms Vandekerckhove wrote. ‘All forms of gender-based violence and harassment can have far-reaching effects. In addition to negative health consequences, they can result in withdrawal from societal and political discussions and negatively affect women’s democratic participation.’
The woman – whose face was emblazoned with the word ‘c***’ on Mr Leddin’s WhatsApp group – said events last week had reignited her sense of vulnerability.
She said: ‘Threats posed in WhatsApp groups encourage others to implement those threats. They enable and they feed abusive behaviour. The Dáil should lead by
example and call out their colleagues who they know have engaged in reprehensible and abusive conduct.’
Limerick Councillor Elisa O’Donovan, who was also subjected to abuse in the group, said: ‘I think most women know that WhatsApp groups are toxic towards them.
Ms O’Donovan said Mr Ryan had ensured there would be no ‘real repercussions for those that engage in sexist and demeaning behaviour towards women’.
Seven senior Green Party members – including Deputy Leader Catherine Martin and MEP Grace O’Sullivan – criticised the party’s failure to sanction Mr Leddin.
At other times the group speaks of Cllr O’Donovan as ‘craving fame’ and at one point a member suggests they’d sleep with her saying: ‘I nearly would if that drunk. And she didn’t talk.

Electric cars aren't really the answer. People think that we can just ditch the internal combustion engine and do the exact same thing we've been doing all along, but with batteries. Not going to happen. We could replace the entire Swedish car fleet with EVs, with current and known lithium resources. That's it, Sweden.

It would take at least 20 years to get production for lithium, or any potential replacement, up to the level we need. We don't have 20 years. We have now. Everything that can be done to reduce vehicle use must be done.
Hydrogen is the future for transport. Firstly for commercial and buses then for ordinary cars along with some e.v for urban environments.
As you say not enough batteries to go around while hydrogen is limitless and can be produced from renewable sources.

Last edited:
Hydrogen is the future for transport. Firstly for commercial and buses then for ordinary cars along with some e.v for urban environments.
As you say not enough batteries to go around while hydrogen is limitless and can be produced from renewable sources.

Agreed on Hydrogen being the likely long term solution.

The whole battery-powered vehicle stuff has been tried before and was given up on. Yes there have been great advances in battery technology BUT, the most common commercial units with batteries are mobile phones. And despite multimillions of pounds of research put in to battery technology they all still have a limited charge cycle and expected use lifetime.

If you pay 40K for a battery powered car and it costs you 20K to replace the battery then you don't have much resale value in your car after a few years.

And of course while at the moment the electricity to charge one is free, that won't be the case in the future either.

I won't be buying a battery power car any time soon.

There are 3 Hydrogen powered buses in the Dumplin Bus fleet

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Highstool Prophets
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

4th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼